Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 2 January 2014

This and That - and a ProMarker winner....

I'm cheating a bit today - just a crafty peek for you to prove that I have been really busy, I just can't share with you yet. These are samples for the Craftwork Cards booth at CHA. If any of you are going (lucky you!) be sure to stop by the booth to say hi to Sue, Andrew and Julie, who are flying the flag for British craft products over there.....





On to the winner of the Spring/Summer Promarkers. I used a random number generator and this popped up......



which means that the winner is

Debbie from Sugarland

Debbie is a regular here, and I'm as intrigued as everyone else to find out where sugarland is!

Any new year resolutions? I have loads of them, most of which were broken by 10 am yesterday. On the crafting front, I am going to try very hard to organize my very limited work space, use up supplies old and new, and aim to be tidier as I work - I can hear hoots of laughter coming from those who have ever worked with me and know that by the end of a session I am knee deep in paper scraps, the table is buried with stuff I pull out in a frenzy, and I usually leave a trail of glitter wherever I go - even to the loo! We must have one of the only toilets in the world where the water glitters. It looks very pretty, I may try and sell the idea to one of the companies that manufacture those block things that turn the water blue. It could be blue and glittery, there's an idea....

See you tomorrow x


16 comments:

  1. Congrats to Debbie - I am envious.
    I do like your idea for the loo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner! Love the "glitter in the toilet" idea. You'd better get a patent quick, before someone steals your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing! Thank you so much...

    Sugar Land is in Texas, just south of Houston. Nice and warm. The Imperial Sugar Company was located here for a very long time, and the town was named for the sugar factory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peaks look interesting Enfys.

    Congrats to Debbie.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit it ... today's post gave me a chuckle. The thought of glittery toilet water took me over the edge in giggles. Although I love bling, there are some places it really doesn't belong. But a little sparkle in the toilet could be a good thing. =)

    I found the most dazzling glittery wrapping paper this year. Little did I know that when I removed the cellophane from the rolls of paper, I would have a glitter explosion! (I am still cleaning it up!) Even though I put my wrapped gifts in other boxes before I posted them ... glitter managed to get on the outter boxes too. A fact that the postal workers did not particularly appreciate. Oh well ... I personally thought a touch of glitter helped to improve their Bah Humbug attitudes just a tad. *wink*

    Congrats to Debbie from Sugarland. I also wonder where Sugarland is. There is a Sugarland, TX. And also a Sugarland associated with Country Music. Or perhaps she lives near Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning and thank you for starting my day off with a smile! I love the thought of glittered water! LOL!

    I'm excited to see your newest creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to all and congrats to Debbie. You lucky girl!
    I don't really 'do' new year's resolutions, although a new year does carry with it a sense of new beginnings. I'm hoping to be more creative and to make a lot more (Christmas) cards than I did last year. I also want to make better use of my old and new stash and try my hand at more CAS cards. I'm hoping that we'll find another place to live soon and that I can have my own dedicated crafting space, so that I don't have to run up and down the stairs all the time because I forgot some supplies. That really takes the fun out of creating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Debbie. Your resolutions sound like mine, use up the scraps, find those hidden gems in the stash, try and be more organised and tidy as I go along. Thing is when I tidy I find things I have started and end up taking five things out for every one I put away. 6 out of 10, must try harder. Love the idea of the glittery loo block. I should pitch it fast, you never know who's reading........

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL... I always get a chuckle from your posts. I think the glitter in the toilet blue thingy is a great idea. I think all of us would give it a go. Well most of us anyway. Congrats to Debbie. And isn't Sugarland in Texas? lol well maybe not. Big hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I was right, I just read Debbie's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaha blue and glittery?? haw fun that would be. congrats Debbie:)
    cathyplus5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the sneak peaks, sadly not going to CHA. Love your resolutions not really made any myself just back on a diet once the chocolate has gone! Happy new year, love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the winner! As for me and New Years resolutions, I stopped making them a long time ago, as I always broke them. But I would like to use up some of the supplies I have in my craft room that have been there for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Debbie.
    You did make me smile about the loo idea.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Debbie !! Your glitter idea is just too funny !! Now I know what I'll be thinking of when I look at glitter again. :) I tend to use glitter a lot my self !Thanks for bringing a laugh to my day !!
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x