Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Owl Sanctuary............

Yesterday, we went to Kendal, a pretty little market town to do some shopping. There was a display of gorgeous owls, birds that lived in a owl sanctuary....... 

there were little ones.... 


a snow white one....


and this fabulous eagle owl, called Oscar....


I put on the falconry glove and was allowed to let him perch on my arm (he was heavy!). I look quite nervous!



 I saw this sign in a shop, for some reason, I was very tempted to buy it....but resisted, it would just be another reminder of how messy creative I am



and it was a lovely drive home, past Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the Lake Districe.............


and on to today's card, my very first Christmas card for this year, made last week at home. I bought the Memory Box snow globe die last year, and had never done anything with it, so when I saw that they had bought out some new Christmas stamps which fit perfectly inside the globe, I had to get one. This was my first attempt, done quite quickly, but it did give me some ideas for using the die and stamp. Watch this space to see how those ideas work out - I see a lot of glossy accents featuring, and maybe an aperture or two! The shaped card and sentiment is from Craftwork Cards, I got the Memory Box stamp from Simonsaysstamp in the USA. I used distress ink pens to colour the stamp........ 


I sprinkled the image with some Frantage embossing powder, the blue circle was cut with the George cartridge and my Cricut

See you tomorrow 


13 comments:

  1. Very nice Christmas card.
    I am a big fan of owls too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those owls are gorgeous...you do look a little frightened of Oscar but I can't say I blame you...he is huge!!! Love your snowglobe card.
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmascard,and lovely photho's.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Enfys, What a perfect die for a perfect stamp and shaped card its gorgeous lovely photos too thank you for sharing them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Enfys. I've made a load of Christmas cards but still have lots to do. Thanks for the photos - you do look a tad concerned with that massive owl on your arm! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm had flasbacks of a famous young wizard who had a snowny white owl. :-D Love the card, quite a big fan of snowglobe cards. TFS~hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm had flasbacks of a famous young wizard who had a snowny white owl. :-D Love the card, quite a big fan of snowglobe cards. TFS~hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Enfys. I think that is the prettiest example of using a snow globe I've seen.
    That owl was sooo big!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The owls are wonderful. I've always thought there was something regal about owls, not sure what it is though.
    The Christmas card is fabulous. I may just have to order some Craftwork Card blanks. I've never heard of Frantage embossing powder. I'll add that to my list of need to find items.
    Smiles,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Enfys! What wonderful birds! Takes me back to high school. We had a man present a birds of pray seminar in our little auditorium! What wonderful, huge birds they are!
    Lovely pic of the lake. I know you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing, and the not messy sign...how did you pass it by!? I may have to make one for myself. Love the card too. TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you are brave to hold that owl, even with a glove, I would have been nervous. Although we have owls around here, I almost never see them, as they generally only come out at night. However, hey can be heard in the late evening hours. A few months ago, I was surprised to see an owl land on the fence in my back yard. He was enormous, several times larger than the other birds that frequent our yard. He only stayed for 2-3 minutes, then he flew off with an amazing wing span at least 5 feet wide. I had never seen an owl so closely before (I was about 20 feet away), so this was a rare treat.

    Lovely snowglobe card ... you have me thinking that I should start making my Christmas cards now. Christmas will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The owl is so beautiful! The eyes on him look like jewels. I really like your card. The snow globe is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos Enfys - that little grey owl looks soooooooo cute.

    Love the card - that stamped image looks fabulous.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x