Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Memory Box Bike

Last Memory Box card for this week, I used the same window and shutters as yesterday's card, but this time used the bicycle die as well....



the blooms in the basket are just bits and pieces I had left over from making the other cards....


I love the Tim Holtz 'texture fade' brick embossing folder...


So it was that time of the year again - time for my mammogram. Now, I am eternally grateful to the Health Service for making these checks, and sending out the appointments so efficiently, BUT - it's a bit of a palaver isn't it? Ours are done in a mobile breast screening clinic parked in a remote corner of the local hospital, so remote that you could wander around for hours trying to find it. Then when you are checked in, and undressed comes the fun bit. I once made a duck terrine where you had to put a plate on top of the dish and then a heavy weight on the plate to press it - I know how the poor duck felt now (except he was dead and mixed up with breadcrumbs and smoky bacon, and I was very much alive and kicking). I have a feeling that these machines may have been invented by a man, and if a similar machine was used to check the prostate, I think he would have a rethink on the design pretty quick.

 So you stand there, turning slightly to the left, a delicate part of your anatomy squashed flat between two huge metal plates, and they instruct you to drop your shoulders (which are somewhere near the top of your head because you are so tense) wrap your left arm lovingly around the monster machine, and grip a handle thingy with your right hand. It all reminds me of that game the kids used to play, the one where you have this plastic sheet on the floor and you put your left foot on the red circle, right arm on the yellow....except that (in our house at least) you kept your clothes on for Twister! You do all this, knowing that in a few minutes,  the whole thing will be repeated on the other side. Oh Joy!

See you tomorrow x

18 comments:

  1. Love these dies.........I love windows. Thanks for a great card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card but a better story. I am laughing at your description of the dreaded annual mammo appt. You are so right - the procedure and machine was invented by a man. There was an American humorist by the name of Erma Bombeck who likened it to lying on the driveway and having someone drive the car over you. I wonder how the fellows would feel if we suggested they have their sensitive parts squished in that machine - purely for medical testing of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol at your story - I know that pain only too well!
    Great bike die, I will have to check that on out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card & great description of the good old mammogram....a necessary evil! Thanks for the giggle.
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another super card Enfys - and thanks for the chuckle.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time I have a mammogram Enfys I'll think of your story & it will make the experience more tolerable! Love the bike on today's card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card. Reminds me of the perfect summer day. Still chuckling about your story. For anyone who still does not understand just invision a panni press. Yikes! TFS~hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so crackedup right now! I'm trying to control myself because I'm at work. My eyes are all watery, hope no one walks by my cubicle! Oh Enfys... You have such a way with words! I have a mammo coming up in October and will be thinking of this!!! Thanks for the laugh and love you card.
    Hugs
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Joy! A wonderful mammogram. Aren't we the luckiest! Your idea about men having to have something like it done to them, made me think of something my dad used to say, only about childbirth. "If the woman had the first and the man, the second...there'd only be two kids in most families." LOL Smart man I thought. lol
    Love the card. I have always loved scene cards. The bicycle is so cute. TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we can all identify with the mammo story...but you always put such humor in your story! Thank you for putting a smile on my face!

    Once again, Enfys you are amazing! I love your card, just wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to motivate me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mammogram description thoroughly brightened my day! You are such a hoot! Oh, and BTW, great card! LOL!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card!! Too funny about the duck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Memory Box die cuts. My wish list is growing.
    Sending lots of hugs to offset the mush.

    CyndiU

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Enfys this is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  15. your card is a lovely summer day! Now I have to add the bike to my "wish list"; LOL. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card! The colors complement the design so well. It is lovely ! Love the story too. :)
    Anna N

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful Enfys, I have that brick embossing folder and just bought the Grand Madison window die so you have inspired me! Thanks :) Hope you are well? Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x