Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 7 April 2011

Paper Lace and Promarker winners

Frstly, I have had an email from Letraset with the names of the winners in the blending sets contest. There were 309 entries, and random.org picked No 166

Grace Baxter

51 of you posted the contest on your blog, and the bonus prize goes to No 16

Nati Tristan

Congratulations to you both. Email me and I will pass your details on to Letraset so that they can mail out your markers


I finally made it back to my craft desk yesterday, here's what I came up with. The Paper Lace cartridge was a 'must have' when it was released, but I haven't used it much at all, in fact I forgot I had it! After playing with it for a while, it has shot right up to the top of my favourites list........

I decided to cut the delicate patterns in black, and the shadow in white, then colour in the image with Promarkers, rather like a stained glass window. I love the effect, what do you think?

For the first one, I cut the image at 3 1/2", matted in black. The background scalloped mat is from Just Because Cards, cut at 4 1/4" - I cut another one at 1 1/2" for the sentiment. Small scallop strip is also from Just Because Cards, cut at 3". Base scallop card and sentiment circle from

Craftwork Cards. I dotted some tiny beads of pale pink liquid pearls to the roses.

Here's another one, done in the same way. I used a scallop edge card, and folded back the edge. I kept the card simple, as the die cut decals really do look quite striking. I added dots of black stickles to the flower centres, and dotted a few gems around among the leaves, it's quite sparkly in real life. I am off for a day's crafting with my Florida mates today, I so miss that when I am back in the UK. See you tomorrow

14 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous En. I didn't think I needed that cart but this has certainly changed my mind. I so love it when you enable me. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em both! Congrats to the winners. Enjoy your day with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty!
    Did you find your Gypsy cable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Enfys, I have this cartridge also and just recently started to play with it. Congrats to the winners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enfys,
    Thanks so very much for the giveaway. Congrats to the winner. I still follow your blog. Did you see my craft room.. Take a look some time.
    Blog:http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/
    I am still working on the room but it is shaping up....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enfys, I can't believe I won!!! I'm so excited! I will be emailing you right now with the info. Thank you so much for the opportunity. I'm so excited!!! I hope to create wonderful cards one day like you do... especially like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, one of my friends has that cartridge, guess I better take a look at it. Have fun crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are drop-dead gorgeous. I didn't even KNOW about that cart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful cards! They really do look like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to both winners! Pretty cards, Enfys! Have fun this weekend at your crop!

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards turned out great, Enfys. It's funny how we don't even think about these things, like which side of the car to get into. Though that does happen sometimes when for some reason we back our car into the garage, hope we don't put it into reverse then ;- ) It would drive me crazy (really, no pun intended) having to switch back and forth like that. I'm such a creature of habit and non-thinking. Have a great time crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoo-hoo, I wont the contest! I didn't even know this post was here until after I had received an email from Letraset, telling me I had won. Thanks so much for the opportunity, Enfys.

    Grace
    http://gracenotes4today.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad and enjoyed your BLOG, It is very informative on the subject or topic, and Thanks For Sharing this post. I have something to share here
    buy modalert online
    buy artvigil online
    buy waklert online
    buy modvigil online
    buy vilafinil online

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x