Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 23 February 2015

Random Bits and Pieces

Here's the last random round up of little snippets that caught my eye at the show, first these cakes, don't they look delicious?


Next, for those of you who like doing canvases and wall art, there was a definite trend towards planks of wood, with rope threaded through for hanging. They were quite expensive, I may be getting out the Black and Decker drill and having a little session with a few scraps of wood.......

What am I talking about! We don't OWN any scraps of wood. Mike is definitely not the type of chap who gets out hammer and nails to do running repairs around the house. So I will have to go out and forage for wood scraps, maybe chop a tree down or something.....or on the other hand, I may just stick to paper







These fabric throws were made entirely of fabric rosettes joined together....



and I had to take a photo of this - a mannequin covered from head to toe in beads. Some friends from my Florida craft group have taken up beading in a big way lately........ 



So that's the end of all the Stitches photos. Back to normal tomorrow x

14 comments:

  1. Great photos! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the lovely photos Enfys. Those wooden hangings look fab...our stationery at work is delivered on a wooden pallet but I'm not sure I'd be able to get it home on the train LOL.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the photos Enfys, just like being there. Love the throws and the beaded mannequin! Some people have way too much time on their hands lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed all of the photos you have shared with us. The beaded mannequin was amazing.
    Thanks Enfys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! Well beads are pretty, I'd rather that, than tattoos. Could be uncomfortable tho. ;-))
    Those cakes are too pretty to cut up. Some really pretty things En, TFS.
    Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really enjoyed your pictures, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Enfys thank you for shaing this x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My late husbands shop is loaded with scraps of wood like your pictures, but I sure don't need another hobby. My past hobby was cake decorating which I gave up because you can eat your mistakes! which wasn't good for the hips. So, I think I'll stick with card making. I've enjoyed seeing all your pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've really enjoyed your 'walk' through the show Enfys - thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Imagine my surprise and delight when I checked your blog and found that I had missed a couple posts. What fun pictures. I love seeing what y'all find at conventions etc. So many different things. Looks like you got lots of great inspiration. Thanks for sharing all this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Hampton Art wood plaques - may have to go beachcombing for drift wood this summer. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your pics Enfys - I love the look of the wood hangings. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!!! when I see wood or even wood scrap .....I see my wood burning stove keeping my house warm!!! I'm so excited! all what you have shared with us from the your CHA is now on our American channel!! awesome mannequin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Enfys. Great little tour. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x