Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 7 September 2013

Glitzy Butterfly

I've been messing around with glitter again, which means my clothes, hair, skin and even my slippers are looking a bit shiny.....I wanted to try a technique that I have been thinking about since my last foray into glitterland...



Firstly, I covered some white cardstock with scor-pal tape.....


and die cut this Quick Kutz (I can never remember the silly spelling of this brand, but you know who I mean...) butterfly out of the cardstock, then I peeled off the tape..... 



and broke out the glitter - these pots are by Silhouette and came with my Cameo machine. I dumped various colours onto the sticky butterfly, keeping the top fancy layer as a plain silver with just a touch of aqua .... 


I kept the card really plain, anything more would have been too much gliding of the lily! So a simple embossed background, and an elegant sentiment tile by Craftwork Cards


We recently got a TK Maxx here in my hometown - yes, it's exactly the same store as TJ Maxx in the USA, but for some bizarre reason they have to call themselves TK over here. I love going in and browsing because they carry a lot of my favourite American brands and it makes me feel a bit nostalgic for Florida. Today, I found these Tim Holtz stamps for £7.99. I don't do a lot of what I call arty stamping, but I pondered, and put them back...... 


Then I got home, and googled the stamps. They were selling here in the UK in online stores for £29 and £19. Well, arty or not, I wasn't going to pass up a bargain like that, so I went back into town and bought them. I have an idea for the 'reflection' stamps (they are 'kiss' stamps, so when you ink them up and 'kiss' another stamp with them, the writing will be the right way around not reversed. I could have fun with that). It's always nice to have new supplies to gloat over, particularly if they were a bargain.... I also saw some We R Memory Keepers corner chompers in the baby toys department. Obviously some shelf stacker scratched their heads and said 'any one know what these are? Okay, I'll throw them in with the toys, nobody will notice'

Hope you all have a great weekend, I'll be back tomorrow with the name of the person who will be getting the spring garden scrapbook pages. See you then x

15 comments:

  1. Love the card! Glitter always makes a card even better.....LOL!
    Great buy on the Tim Holtz stamps. I don't think I would have had the will power to pass up that deal either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enfy's,
    I have no idea why I seem to always be number one to post. I love this butterfly. You can save this card and send it to me for my birthday in Dec. Just kidding but I love butterflies.....Great job and love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TJ Maxx too. You never know what you might run into there. Funny that they put a corner chomper in with the toys. Obviously not a crafter who did that. I've gotten some great bargains because stocker don't know what they are dealing with. I got several dies for $1.00 each and a whole Creative Memories set of circles and ovals for the cutting system for $3.00 at Goodwill. They don't know what they are, so they just take a guess. Also got a whole alphabet for only $3.00 for the Sizzix. I do love a bargain. Can't wait to see what you do with the Tim stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness - you lucky person !!! :-D I wish I could get my hands on some of those. Amazing find Enfys :-D

    Hugz
    IKE in Greece xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly is gorgeous!
    I wish we got that store here too. Can't hurt to dream, right? ;) Well done on such an amazing bargain! Can't wait to see your creation with those stamps! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Enfys, love the butterfly tut, beautiful card,with great embossing and what a bargain (too good to miss I say) enjoy a fab day! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Enfys, The glitter look fabulous!!
    I love glitter even as a little girl.
    The last few times that I have been to T.J. Maxx I haven't found anything. ( I think it is because I have a gift card to there) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Enfys - love my flutterbyes. We have a TK Maxx just 10 minutes away so I think I'll take a peek in there today & see if I can find any stamps. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you were so lucky getting the stamps Enfys, we never seem to get bargains like that in our TKMaxx....
    Great idea with the butterfly, and I adored the card it was gorgeous ...
    Hugz Kath...xx...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your butterfly technique! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Enfys - I don't often play with glitter as it does tend to go everywhere but that effect is great.

    What a super bargain - it would have been silly not to grab them.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip, love all that shines!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and brilliant bargain on those Tim Holtz stamps - my nearest TK Maxx never seems to have much in the way of craft stuff - especially stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the glittered butterfly. Will have to try this. Great bargain on the stamps too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the glitter. You're a lucky girl to have a shop like that in your area, esp. with bargains like that. I have to order all my supplies only and abroad...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x