Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 30 July 2010

Good Luck Card

The challenge on Polkadoodles this week is to make a generic card, suitable for male or female. I set myself another challenge with this one, to make a card without pattern paper of any sort. I love the look of 'white space' cards, they are hard for me to make, but I rather like the way this one turned out, simple and plain but it puts the message across I hope

The horse and horseshoes were printed out from the All Around and Everywhere CD from Polkadoodles, I was going to use the front view of the horse, but then thought that if it is a leaving card, maybe for someone leaving an office and going to pastures new, the backside would be more appropriate.
Be sure to visit the Polkadoodles site to hear all about a competition to win a full set of Letraset Aquamarkers, what a great prize.



I spent hours yesterday on the computer trying to book my flight back to the USA in September. Why hours? Well, the computer programme the airline uses is obviously mega sensitive, and must change minute by minute according to how many seats are left on a flight, so you type in your dates, destination ............it should be simple right? Nothing in my life is ever simple. Those prices were going up and down like yo yo's. So you think you have found a deal, BANG, it vanishes before your very eyes. We fly from the nearest airport to our home in the UK to Newark NJ, then catch a flight down to Tampa. Do I want a 7 hour stopover in Newark? I don't think so. Would I like a 35 minute connection time? Well, as we have to clear immigration and customs at Newark, I don't think so..............and so it went on, all day. A little box pops up. 'Would I like to speak to a representative?' That sounded like a good idea, so I said yes. Long wait, then another little box pops up with the accusing message 'You are not in the United States. You cannot speak to our representative'
Well you would have thought that their clever-clogs computer would have figured out that I wasn't in the US by this time.
All sorted now though.....
See you tomorrow

21 comments:

  1. OMG, Enfys, your card is soooo cute
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Enfys. Like the clean lines of this one. Sounds like a fun day on PC -Not. Nothing is ever simple is it.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Enfys I am sure they are going to love it.
    I love your new blog layout did you fancy a chang?
    Take care I hope you get your flights sorted soon
    Hugs Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hoot!!!! Great card as always En. Love the card.

    The cheapest flights of the week are published on Tuesday. If you need a US liason with the airlines let me know. I'm around most tuesdays and can do some research for you. Just let me know. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh En the evils of traveling, lol, glad you got it worked out, this horse is a hoot. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute fun card En. Glad you got there in the end with the flights - nightmare. Like the new-look blog. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! Love the backside of that horse!! Glad you finally got your flight worked out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Enfys. I love the clean look and white space of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enfys,
    Sorry you are having so many problems with the connections. I love this card. I do alot of card of late without pattern paper. If you get a chance hop over and look. I love your comments. I am going to have to slow down with the cards because I have a Web Page to do and 2 reunions in August.......
    Blog:http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a pain!!! I don't know if I'd have the patience to flip flop back and forth like that. But I'm glad you do as we who follow your blog get the best of both worlds! Thanks for sharing your life with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the card en and th white looks fab hun, love the doodley border. hope you get the flights sorted soon xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the card Enfys.. and I hope you have better luck today booking your flight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your horse is a hoot. I love the white part. I also have a hard time leaving blank spaces on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like your thinking 'behind' this card - it's fab!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so funny! I love that crazy horse image. Your battle with the airlines sounds similar to my struggle with the computer on a daily basis. Glad you got it all sorted out now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Enfys
    oh sorry hun i did laugh at all your efforts to book a flight. Your right it shoukd be simple, but never is!!
    Gorgeous card luv the image, have great weekend hun, glad you got ya flight sorted in the end, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi En
    I've really enjoyed my catch up with your gorgeous cards and stories!!! I love stopping by for your stories, it's high time you wrote a book you know!!
    We have a garden centre just like yours, A fatal combination for someone who spends equally as much money on plants and craft to have them in the same place!!
    Glad you got your flights sorted.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Enfys, hope you get your flight sorted, take care a really fun card by the way and cheeky. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL.....This card is sooo stinkin CUTE!!! I ALWAYS LOVE to visit you my friend!!
    Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this one Enfys. Hope you managed to get your flights booked in the end.x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x