Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 10 July 2010

Get Well Soon

My friend Lucy sent me a bunch of these Lili of the Valley stamped images, thanks Lou, I just love them. I covered the front of the card with kraft cardstock, then cut a square of pale blue paper and stitched around that - my little Janome sewing machine took me about 15 minutes to thread, shedding tears for my self threading one back in the USA. I cut a piece of a raffia weave, it's held in place by the image, which I mounted onto a nestability shaped piece of kraft paper


The sentiment was stamped in momento brick ink and is an Inky Antics stamp

I used my new promarkers. I just love working with them, I find the fine bullet nib much easier to deal with than the brush nib of the copics. They are readily available in the UK, but you can get them in the USA - HERE is the distributor who will be able to tell you where you can get them.
I used:
Blush and Soft Peach for the skin
Buttercup and Sandstone for the hair
Pastel blue and Denim Blue for the clothes
Vanilla and Honeycomb for the bear
Shadowed in Ice Grey 1

We are off to London tomorrow for a couple of days to see the family, I can't wait to cuddle those babies. Monty is feeding himself - see new photo on my sidebar. I think I will wear old clothes!



18 comments:

  1. this is so adorable En..such a sweet image...have a fab time with the grandkiddies and yes you may need personal protection equipment...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore this one Enfys. It looks so soft and sweet. Your little bit of raffia weave is a brilliant embellishment as it resembles the fibers of a gauze bandage so closely.

    Hugz,
    ♥Carol♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree -- the image is adorable! And your weaving is awesome! Such a cute addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image is so adorable and your card is just sweet! Have a great time snuggling those babes. After looking at the photo I would say a rain slicker would be more appropriate attire....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - that is such a sweet image

    ReplyDelete
  6. well how the heck r ya? i know!!! i've been a slacker - but a very busy slacker!!!!

    your stitching is fabulous. i do NOT own a sewing machine just for that reason!!! it hates me. sees me coming and all hell breaks loose - go figure!

    hope all else is well.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card Enfys,i love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous little card Enfys, I mustn't have been here for a while cause you were in the USA last time lol. Definitely think overalls are in order for your family visit lol, cute pics.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very sweet card. Monty looks like he is really into learning to eat. I remember those days, funny to watch, not so much as doing the thorough cleanup of child, highchair, floor, ya know; good memories though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stamps and of course the card. Theading trouble, that's why I sent you the template. That and a white pen, hey works for me. Love Ya Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Enfys, to be honest I would wear more than old clothes I would wear those all over boiler suits, as it looks as though you are going to get splattered.
    I love your card its gorgeous and such beautiful colouring. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww en, she canme out so cute, i am so pleased you are enjoying them hun. Lol at monty in the sidebar piccy!!!!!! mmmmmmmm, choccy mousse!! hugs lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. enfys...the image is adorable and you did a magnificent job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that image! you did a great job with it. Given the photo on the sidebar, I'd have to say old, easily washed clothes are def. in order! Have fun cuddling those cuties.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enfys! THis is SO SUPER CUTE!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about it since my mother LOVES bears!! TFS!
    Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Enfys, this is absolutely stunning, super cute.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this - toooooooo cute ~:D How lovely of Lou, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! Anyone would get well faster if they received your cute card. I like the faffia weave.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x