Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 2 April 2014

More Scan N Cut...




Just a few photos of some of the stamped images I have cut out with the scan n cut. I have been limited in what I can do because of not having much stuff with me, but I have been astonished at the delicate cuts this machine can make. Like     Most people, I have been most intrigued by the machines ability to scan and cut, the prospect of a pair of electronic scissors to do all that fussy cutting was enticing. There is a bit of a learning curve - the machine totally refused to recognize a couple of images for instance, but after playing around for a while, and picking up some handy tips and tricks,  I am getting something like a 95% success rate with cutting out images now, and I'm sure I can improve on that when I play with it some more at home. 

Just look at the stems on those leaves, it even cut out the tiny thorns! 


There was a tiny tiny border on the right  hand side of the images I cut out for these photos, but I have sorted that now by re-calibrating the machine, which is quick and easy to do...... 


I hadn't mastered cutting out enclosed areas in the following photo, I managed it on the wine bottle and glass in the first photo....




You can see the border I wanted to eliminate on this Polkadoodles stamp, she had little bobbles on the end of her hat that cut beautifully, but I tore them getting the shape off the mat....


Now I am no expert on this machine, yet! But a couple of points have been raised that I can answer.

 You can quickly and easily make shadows for cuts by using the seam allowance option

 You can import SVG files and convert them in the Canvas software

I have also purchased a lot of Silhouette files, I wanted to know if I could cut these on my SNC and the easiest way seemed to be printing them out, then scanning in to the machine and saving

I love being free of the computer!

Expect a lot more detail when I am back home and unpacked. I'll be back tomorrow with some amazing digi cuts to show you. See you then x

17 comments:

  1. I love this cannot wait to get mine. This is so great and no computer.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Enfys, for sharing your progress with the Scan N Cut. I'm fascinated by this machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this and can't remember if there is software to use it with my computer as well or is it just manipulating the little screen?

    I had 4 images stamped and did a scan and direct cut and had to do it one at a time and for some reason it would not recognize the last 2 stamped images..

    Thanks for letting me pick your brain..

    Heather
    pcaheather@gmail.com
    www.papercrafteranonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. question here..its a scanner and it cuts nothing else needed??? when you get home will make a youtube showing how it works??? please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those leaves really have cut wonderfully.

    Can't wait to see what you can manage when you have more time and resources at your disposal.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What detail on those roses Enfys! Very clever machine. How does it compare to Fiskars Fuse in your opinion? Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job! This machine is really magical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting machine. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cool machine you've got there. I won't be getting one as I got a Silhouette Cameo not too long ago and I'm loving that. Can't justify another cutter. But I sure do love seeing what you can do with yours. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW ... I am really impressed by those delicate cuts ... it really shows on the rose stem. For someone that is still on vacation and playing around with only a few supplies available ... you are doing a remarkable job. Especially for someone that has only had this machine for a few days. That's good to know ... perhaps even I can use it with little effort too!

    Love what you are doing with the SNC so far! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't seen this before, and it looks amazing! How much did it cost, if you don't mind the question? BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks very interesting. A fussy cut machine and no computer needed. Gosh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi En, you have been busy! I have followed an Austrailian lady that recently got the scan n cut. I'm going to tell her about your blog. She may already know you, but I'm going to watch her latest video after this. And I'll let her know. Y'all should see if you can learn from her or she from you. Looking forward to seeing your newest cuts. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How do you calibrate the machine? Mine's leaving a halo to the right and slightly down of the scanned image when I cut it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x