Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 5 August 2013

Welcome baby......

I love this little baby image from the Emma Canning Cd for Polkadoodles called Digistamp Heaven


and I also love this little sentiment stamp, I have had it ever since I started cardmaking, such a sweet sentiment - I put it on the inside of the card.....


and here is my card, simple and clean looking, just right for a tiny new person! The baby blocks stamp was a dollar stamp by Studio G


I was doing a bit of research into birthday sentiments today, and one that cropped up a lot was 'you can't have your cake and eat it'. What's that all about, what's the point of having cake if you can't eat it? What are you supposed to do with it if you can't eat it? Frame it? Give it to the dog? Put it out for the birds? Let it dry out and use it as a footrest? Just saying....

See you tomorrow x 

14 comments:

  1. That is a sweet card. I agree there are some very strange sentiments about, sometimes we have to use them!

    Eat dessert first is better, or how many candles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your logic!!
    I also like your card, and that is a great sentiment to use

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Enfys & a simple but sweet sentiment. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute en!! love the sentiment
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card ... like youk, I love that baby image too.

    I think the idea behind the saying "you can't have your cake and eat it too" just means that you can't have both. If you eat your cake, you don't have it any more. Either you have the cake, or you eat the cake ... you don't get both. What a pity though ... wouldn't it be nice if you could. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought it was a stupid sentiment. I can have my cake and eat it to. I just can't share it and still have it. That is, until the last piece... lol Cute card TFS Hugs. Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. I'm going to be a Great Grandma in February....Yahoo! I'll have to start thinking of baby cards soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely cute card Enfys.

    There are so many sayings that I find strange but that one is certainly high up the list.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable is your card and image Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card. The phrase "You can have your cake and eat it too" means not only do you get a cake but you get to eat it also. Kind of like you get the best of 2 worlds not just one. It's just another on of those crazy sayings....Love the pictures and stories on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Baby card! BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x