Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 30 August 2013

Here's an idea....

Have you seen adhesive sheets? You can order them online, I think they are made by companies called JAC and 3L. They are also sold in Hobbycraft in the UK, and Michaels in the USA. I use them a lot, they are perfect for skinny little die cuts - whenever I use glue it always seeps out from under the die cut and makes a mess. They are waxy sheets covered with tiny glue dots. For this project, I cut a honeycomb background on my Cameo (honeycomb from the Silhouette store) and stuck it firmly to the sheet, then trimmed the sheet around the edge. I cut the same honeycomb twice more with double sided pattern papers....



Then I started adding the coloured shapes quite randomly into the honeycomb spaces, and rubbed on some mica flakes in silver and bronze (by Stampendous) into some of the vacant spaces, just a few flakes here and there......


Then I dumped ultra fine glitter from Martha Stewart glitter over the whole thing, rubbing gently with my fingers to adhere it to the vacant glue spaces.....beware the glitter blizzard when you shake it off! I found myself drinking a cup of tea with glitter floating in it.....


I found a tiny sentiment stamp, which just fitted the shape, I popped that one on with a foam pad.....


and here is the end result, as always, it is almost impossible to photograph glitter and shine, but this card has it in spades....


 this next photo captures a little of the sparkle...


So look out for these glue sheets, they are a great addition to your stash if you use a lot of die cuts, particularly the skinny little Memory Box dies

I have had another email from Max, the child is in a frenzy about his scrapbooking weekend. It will probably last for two hours on Saturday, then we will have to take a scooter break to the park!

See you tomorrow x

13 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! So very very cool!!! Thank you for the tip!! By the way, is that the ultra fine glitter or normal glitter? Is this the same adhesive that I can color with copics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea - it looks so sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Enfys and a brilliant idea for creating the sparkly background. I like the sticky adhesive paper and have used it recently to create a patchwork background. But a super idea to use some mica flakes and glitter in some of the spaces. Will have to try that.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Enfys. Great card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh ... I do like this. Such a wonderful combination of colors, patterns, textures and glittery bits. Altogether it makes a very unique and lovely card.

    thankx for another fun idea!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. valuable tip, will keep my eye open for them. Many thanks for the tip. Lovely project after you finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't tried any adhesive paper, yet, but this is wonderful. I'll be keeping it in mind! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the combination of patterned papers and glitter. Thanks for a great idea. I even think I bought this very design in the Silhouette store last week. Will have to check...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this great tip Enfys.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using glitter. Thanks for the tip. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! I love anything sparkly xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea with the adhesive sheet. I need to try some of this stuff. Very pretty results.
    I'm sure you are going to have a ball making that scrapbook project with Max! Can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enfys,
    Hope not to late to post here. Good Luck to everyone...........

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x