Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Grandma duty.......

I haven't posted for a couple of days, mainly because I have my grandma hat on this week. On Sunday we were down in London for a family tea party for Kiki, and to pick her up for her week with us............make a wish Kiki


On the way home we saw one of the prettiest summer skies - Kiki insisted I take a photo.....


We bought a school notebook/diary for her, and spent an afternoon altering it, the pink cardstock is really glittered, which met with approval....


and she wanted to cut things on the cricut, so here they are. Cinderella was drawn with a cricut pen and coloured in by Kiki


and what on earth have I been doing? All will be revealed tomorrow!


Yesterday was the official international Left Handers day. Now I am left handed, so are two of my three children. I am sure if I had told you all in plenty of time I would have been inundated with cards :) There is a touch of inequality about this, apparently there isn't an official international Right Handers day. People should be rising up in protest about this. Being left handed has never been a big deal for me, I don't have to use special left handed scissors. I can pretty much do everything the 'right way round' apart from write of course - oh, and I can't eat a boiled egg with my spoon in my right hand. After that random remark I will just add that at least my brain is in the right place!!!

See you tomorrow  

15 comments:

  1. Hurrah for those of us who are left handed!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enfys,
    I am right handed but Tom is left handed. Great people are left handed I just can't think of any right now. She is so growing up. I don't know if you heard about the man in the service that fell on the tracks in the subway and got an electric shock and died. That was Tom's cousin. Looking forward to your posting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you are having fun with Kiki!
    I have no idea what the black and white 'thingy' is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your 'grandma time' Enfys.

    That is a beautiful sky.

    Although I'm right-handed I do a lot of things in a left-handed way...I sew in the direction that a lefty would and it took me a long time to get to grips with crochet because I wanted to go in the opposite direction to that I was being shown. Perhaps I'm just awkward LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Enfys, great post..enjoy your nan duties! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I Am Right Handed But My Son Who Is Right Handed Writes As If He Was Left Handed As My Husband Is Left Handed Strange I Know Yet We Never Gave Him A Pencil Was Always Put Down So He Could Pick. Think Most Left Handed Peeps Can Do More With There Opposite Hand Than Us. Enjoy Your Week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the best of both worlds as I am ambidextrous! I can use both hands but can only do some certain things with either the right or the left. Out of three sons I have one that is left handed. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of the zentangle thingy - whatever it may be. Bet Kiki is delighted with her altered notebook - obviously Grandma is making sure she gets into crafting good and early. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kiki is creative like her Gramma, way to go Miss Kiki love your stuff. And happy lefty day to you Dear Enfys.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiki is a beauty. You always crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi En, I'm a righty, but I have found that left handers are very creative. And you are no exception. Lovely job on the Cricut cuts and coloring Kiki!
    Enjoy the rest of the week y'all.
    Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your week with Kiki. It will go by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you are doing Zentangle too! You are amazing! Looks to me like you used a number of tangles to make letters...maybe die cut them and then added your tangles?? You continue to amaze, En! I love to do it but am not very good at it. Did make some fun Christmas cards last year tho.
    Enjoy your Grandma time! You are clearly talented in that regard as well! Must be such fun sharing your crafty skills and seeing them bloom in your granddaughter. Fabulous!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this enjoy your time nan xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you're having some fun with Kiki. As for that left handers day, I did hear about it and wished my son a happy day.
    My hubby and I are right handed as well as his sister and her husband. Between us we have 4 kids and only my daughter is right handed, the other 3 are left handed. How strange is that? My son does all his fine motor skills like writing and drawing with his left hand and all his gross motor skills, like sports with his right hand.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x