Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 9 August 2013

Birthday Cake

Here's one I made using a cuttlebug birthday folder and Craftwork Cards papers from their Happy Days goody box and a couple of their paper bows.....


I cut rectangles and rounded the top corners and assembled the 'cake' with a little space between the layers. The candles were just strips of paper with teardrop shaped flames that I cut by hand and coloured with ProMarkers



Sharing with you the photo my daughter in law sent me of Kiki taken in Portugal on her ninth birthday which was yesterday. She looks so grown up, especially wearing the glitzy clip-on earrings she wheedled me into buying her! Happy birthday sweetheart x


Be sure to drop by tomorrow, I may have a nice little giveaway to share with you, see you then x

14 comments:

  1. She has grown into a beautiful young lady. I know grandmother spoils here but that is wonderful too... Love the card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cake Enfys. Oh my! don't granddaughters grow up so fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Enfys, great background embossing and yummy cake!!! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty and cheerful card! Bound to bring a smile to the receiver. Kikki is just lovely. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Enfys, I especially like the paper bows you put on the cake.

    Oh yes ... Kiki does look very grown up, and those blinged out earrings look simply dazzling! They are growing so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cake, Enfys. Love the bright pink and patterns.
    You're right, Kiki does look soooo grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I left 1 comment but it said it wouldn't go thru. So if you get two, well you know.
    Kiki...nine already! Wow. She's going to be a gorgeous young woman!
    Love the card. Cute idea with the cake layers. I checked in my gypsy box to see if both the chargers were there. Alas... not. So I'll hit the storeage tomorrow. With any luck, I'll be able to go right to it. They were supposed to put all my craft stuff towards the front. We'll see . lol Thanks Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pretty card and a fabulous photo too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever cake design, En! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colourful card Enfys. Doesn't Kiki look gorgeous, bless her. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. great tip on how you made the cake..
    my!how fast time is going by...your granddaughter is becoming quite a beautiful young lady.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cake looks good enough to eat. Very cloorful. Yum. The little gal is growing like a weed. Not babies for long eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. She gets prettier each year. I know you are bursting with pride. By the way, your card is pretty also!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x