Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Scrapbook Layout...........

Something you don't see very often from me, a scrapbook layout. I actually made this one for Kiki's book some time ago, but totally forgot to take it down to London, so it has been hanging around in a drawer for the best part of two years. I found it the other day, and surprisingly - very surprisingly, I am my own worst critic - I still like it. You can see one corner has got a bit bashed in the drawer, but I have flattened it out, and kept it where I can see it so that next time I go to London, hopefully, I will remember to take it with me.
She was four when I took this photo.
I stitched around the gingham piece, then stamped in a lilac ink some flourishes from Autumn Leaves, and dotted a few dewdrops around. The flowers are punched, with buttons in the centre. It must have been before my obsession with threading buttons started, because all the buttons are naked!



Come to think of it, the layout of the page would make a nice card....wheels are turning
Don't forget you have until the end of this week to enter a card into my Promarker colouring competition, scroll down for details. The prize is worth a try....
See you tomorrow


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enfys I agree its gorgeous and your granddaughter will love it, because her nan created it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enfys, this LO is simply adorable. And Kiki is such a cutie ... OH MY ... just look at those eyes! That title could not have been more perfect!

    Hugz,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO Enfys--and what an adorable little granddaughter you have! She is just precious! I love the purples--lavenders, lilacs, amethysts etc... My birthday is at the end of the month with amethyst as my birthstone; maybe that's why I love the purples. It so reminds me of Spring and the beautiful Lilac Festival we have here in Rochester, NY. Thank-you for sharing your wonderful LO! -nu2scrap-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! You are right, that could make a great card. Now you got me thinking too! About layouts and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout, the color is
    wonderful! Kiki will love this!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous eyes and lay out. LOve the color and the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's is a real cutie, and the title of the page is so perfect for THOSE EYES. Gorgeous colours and lots of naked buttons lol. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful LO and adorable GD! TFS, Enfys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stitching and button detail. Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a great picture and a wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page En! And those eyes! What a beauty she is! TFS
    Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. An absolutely gorgeous, fabulous layout!!! You are so talented!
    Hugs,
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x