Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 10 February 2011

BIG Flowers

I mentioned before how there is a new trend for BIG flower stamps, all the major manufacturers have them in their new collections, so I was delighted when the nice folk on the Stampendous stand at CHA gave me a couple of their new cling mounted flower stamps to try. This one is called simply Rose, and comes with the flourish stamp I used
First of all I stamped the rose onto white cardstock with embossing ink, and sprinkled with white holographic embossing powder. Then I swiped it all over with various pink and red chalk inks by Colorbox and cut it out
I covered the front of a 6 x 6 card with a black and white print paper - maker unknown - and cut out two black panels, then added more print paper to those. I stamped the flourish in Tuxedo Black ink by Memento, added a few black gems to the swirls then attached the rose with foam pads. I put a black gem on top of some Card Candy discs by Craftwork Cards to finish it off




I am more or less over my jet-lag now. What a strange feeling it is. You feel as if you are on the outside of the world looking in. My sleep pattern is totally up the spout though, I am full of energy at 2am and struggle to get up at a normal time in the morning - mind you, come to think of it, that's pretty normal for me anyway
Talking of sleep, Milo, aged 20 months has developed a new trick. A while ago his parents did a sleep training programme to try and get him to sleep through the night, and not wake up at 4 a.m - it worked. The message has got through to the little chap that if he is in his cot, he is supposed to sleep, so when they go in to his room in the morning and he is standing happily at the foot of his cot, he dives down and closes his eyes tightly. He even does it if he is sitting playing with his toys, just sits there, but closes his eyes really tight and pretends to be asleep sitting up!
See you tomorrow

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful rose..love how you colored it! Your grandson sounds like a cutie En!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card...
    Milo sounds like he has it all figured out... bless him!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big flower Enfys - love how you have used it... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...I'm going to try that. I already have some big flower stamps that I've never used and kind of wondered how to use them. Now I know!
    Thanks! Milo sounds like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of that stamp, at first I thought it was made with core-dinations paper...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rose looks sooo 3D. This master gardener has got to have some of these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning rose ~simply stunning card!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure is a big rose! I love the way you've made it dimensional! I also really like the colors, this is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the big flowers Enfys, makes a gorgeous card. Is Milo cute or what lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love that big flower. Loved your story of Milo too, kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I really love big flowers and this one does definatly qualify!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful and that Milo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't they the cutest little things! I can't wait for Hailey to grow up a bit so she starts communicating with us.
    What a beautiful rose!You are so good at coloring your stamps. I guess it's just practice,practice, practice.
    Thanks for sharig!
    Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these big flower stamps, too. I got a slightly different one from Hero Arts a few weeks ago and have been experimenting with it. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love that flower stamp.
    Talking about your grandson and the sleep programme I remember doing one of those with my daugther at Great Ormond Street Hospital when they were in the pilot stage 21 years ago but it never had the same effect on her as it did Milo. I would of been so happy if it had, she only used to sleep 1 hour a night right up until she went to school and even now she only needs 3-4 hours a night lol. Tell Milo's parents to be thankful even though it seems hard on them now!!
    Oh and perhaps you should try it to turn your clock around lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x