Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 29 November 2010

Another Quick Christmas Card

I know my North American blog friends love to see what's available in the UK, and this is my excuse for putting this card on here, there is very little originality on my part I'm afraid. The white die-cut sleigh card came from Papermania UK, all I had to do was cut an insert of navy blue, emboss that with my snow cuttlebug folder, and sand the dots so that they showed up white against the dark sky. I put some glitter on the sleigh, which doesn't show in the photo, and the sentiment was stamped with a Studio G dollar wood mount stamp from Michaels - the stars are glittered as well.
Our phone went on the blink last night, we tried calling from our mobiles, it sounded as if it was ringing, but no sound or dialling tone. So I went out and bought a new phone, when it was charged up, still no dial tone. We called our service provider, two red faces later, we realised that we hadn't reconnected the phone to the cable box after the decorators left. Ooops. Never mind, the new phone is very fancy :)
I hear it's bitterly cold and snowy in the UK - wrap up warm all of you, I will be joining in with the shivers in a couple of weeks when I come home. Unfortunately I am one of those people who really feels the cold, Mike is comfortable in shirt sleeves even in the winter. So our house is an interesting place to be during the winter months, I turn the heating up to the highest setting, he starts to wonder if he should call the plumber in to overhaul the boiler (furnace) because it is obviously malfunctioning.... whilst he is musing this, I nip and turn down the thermostat so it looks normal. Occasionally he gives me 'the look' and says 'you've been messing around with the thermostat again haven't you, you could fry an egg on these radiators'........and so it goes on, the heating-hide-and-seek-game we play all winter - it beats scrabble for entertainment value
Polkadoodle blog hopper alert - the winners are announced tomorrow

32 comments:

  1. Hi ya hun
    wow what a stunning card, very striking with the blue/white, did laugh abaout the fone! lol, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Enfys, this card is so wonderful, I love also the beautiful colours.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the contrast! Simple, yet elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hun this really is beautiful gosh its a magical xmas card,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops yes thats a game lots of us play when its cold, and its sure that in the UK, you are certainly going to feel it when you get home, its minus 8 at the moment.
    Love your card its stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is beautiful and you always give me a good laugh telling about yourself...sounds like something I would do.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The white on the blue is
    fantastic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Very funny story! What cracked me up is the broiler story. My hubby & I go through the same thing all winter, except it's him who's always freezing and turning up the heat, and I'm sneaking & turning it down. I swear he can tell if I've adjusted it even one degree!!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enfy's...Your card is so beautiful...I love the creations that you make.

    Your humor lights up my mornings...I just love to read you e-mails as they bring a smile to my face! It is such a nice way to start my mornings! TFS..God bless, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very effective! I love it!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card just takes ones breath away. Beautiful. TFS

    Donna C.
    goCricutgo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enfys...I love yoru card and I LOVE yoru stories also....they give me a chuckle when I think about them later in the day...I still laughing about the "guy" in the urn at Dunkin Donuts, the Foot scrubbie Infomercial...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Enfys!! Love the blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card, so simple, yet very striking. Yes we have snow here and it's freezing. The temps are set to go as low as -20, it's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card! So very elegant!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice card..blue n white mixed very neatly..

    luv it...

    lovelylorns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card I was wondering if it was a cricut cut.I think I'm going to check out all my winter cartridges. The saga of the thermostat sounds much like ours. Only it's about keeping my 90yr old mother warm. Both he and I like it a bit cooler. And so I wakeup feeling really hot, and she's still cold! So up and down it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing yet again.
    Many blessings for a wonderful holiday season.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow such a simple card and yet it looks absolutely stunning Enfys. Love your heating hide and seek story, we play that a lot here too lol. Are women just cold blooded and warm hearted? Definitely a senior moment with the phone line lol but we are allowed them.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enfys, for a "simple" card, this one is really striking. I love the colors you used. Really stunning.

    DebbyS

    ReplyDelete
  22. A most beautiful card. Love the strikeing colors and I know the glitter makes it more beautiful than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How funny. well at least you are warm for the moment, lol

    oh how fun. thanks for the inspiration. would love it if you visit my blog to sometime.

    chris

    http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your card but I love even more reading your emails. It is so much fun to read of your adventures. The phone issue was a good one. It has finally warmed up where I live to a 30 degrees. They are forecasting 6-9 inches snow tonight and tomorrow. Yuk! Hope it isn't that bad when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty card, nothing wrong with quick and easy.
    I hate the cold too and that isn't a great thing as I live in Western New York, not far from Niagara Falls and it gets pretty cold in the winter. We've been lucky so far and haven't had too much cold, but I'm sure it will be coming. The older I get the more I hate it. The cold just hurts the bones!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card. The die cut of the sleigh is fantastic. Have to tell you, my sister (precious soul) is dingy as a bessy bug and as I was telling my husband some stunt she had pulled he said "You know, you have the same virus she has only your fever is not as high. Hmmm, Envis, you may have that same virus. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think your card is gorgeous. Loved the phone story! And the thermostat wars happen in this house too, but reversed. He sneaks in and jacks it up. I suddenly wonder if I've died and gone to hell, it's so hot. I lower it... well you've got the idea! Thanks for the smiles,
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I couldn't get the e-mail addy to work so I am posting this here. Hope that's okay!

    I have been given a Stylish Blogger Award and am passing it on to you as one of the blogs that inspire me.
    Check it out at http://kristiekreates.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-award-how-nice.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. How beautiful!!!

    Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with as maany Blessings as things you were thankful for!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful card! absolutely expert! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x