Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 15 April 2010

A Lovely New Home......

Here's another Papercraft Inspirations magazine card from this month's issue (well, you didn't really think I was organised enough to start crafting today did you...). For this one, the request was a new home card with a luxurious feel. I used handmade paper (Papermania) for the background, and the chandelier was printed from the Polkadoodles love and cherish CD. The border is Bo Bunny. I used one of the tags to print out the sentiment, I love the way you can personalise these tags. Loads of bling, and it ended up looking quite luxurious I think.

Well here we are, back in the USA after a surprisingly easy journey, with, for once, no tales to tell you - unless you would like to hear about today. We called in at the bank, then got back in the car. Chunk chunk said the motor, before it died. Back into the bank to ask if we could use their phone to call roadside assistance. (Why is it that I carry my phone with me everywhere I go, except on the days when I really need it?). They were very nice in the bank, gave us a coffee. 'You can sit in here' said the coffee person sympathetically 'it's nice and cool with the air conditioning'. Cool? It was like a fridge. 'No thank you' I replied politely, 'we'll wait outside'. Well, I have just spent four months in freezing cold houses, wrapped around a hot water bottle, I am not going to continue the habit here in Florida!
You all got the puzzle right by the way, we are going to New York in November, staying for three days, the highlight of which will be watching the Thanksgiving day parade, which we love seeing on the TV every year. I got the idea from my pal Kath (Funky Hand teamie), who is going to be in New York that week as well, so we will be able to meet up one evening for dinner. Brilliant idea Kath, thanks, he loved his gift.
Let the sun shine..................see you tomorrow

29 comments:

  1. adorable! I love the chandelier!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chandelier :) so elegant looking. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be waiting on you to come have tea and cake. I absolutely love the card... glad to hear you almost had a trouble free trip over. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you are back enjoying the sunshine in Florida, shame about the car, hope it isn't too bad! Fabulous card, love the image! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card - very elegant. So glad you made it to FL safely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, En. I just love the elegance of this beautiful chandelier
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card - that chandelier is stunning!!

    Hope the car got sorted!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you got the car fixed and yes I agree....ban air conditioning...who needs it....big hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable card. So glad your trip was uneventful and you have arrived safely. Enjoy the sunshine.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Enfys, your chandelier is fantastic
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours you've used En. Hope the car gets sorted quickly.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Enfys!!! I have a chandelier cut on one of my cricut carts, what a nice idea for a very elegant card! (no stamp tho :( ).

    Happy that you are home safe in the states! You are now a state away from me!!! LOL Now when you decide to head north a bit to Augusta (if you ever do) or close by, please let me know!!

    Although would love to "crash" your tea & cake with Sandy, as ummm I imagine her cakes will be so yummy!!! :)

    *Hugs*
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card i like the blingbling in it.
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enfys wonderful card. How long to you stay in FL? I hope you enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to US. Springtime is the most beautiful time of the year I think. The card is dazzling with all the bling. Putting on the Ritz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Enfys! I just love this card. It is truly gorgeous. Sorry to hear about the car. At least you are safe & sound in the sunshine state. I lived in Florida for 13 years. It is a beautiful place. Hope you can stop by my blog, I am having a giveaway. I was hoping to spread the word about my blog & encourage others to join in.
    Thanks for your blog support.
    I love coming to your blog to see what wonderful creations you share with us & of course hear all about your travels.
    Stay safe.
    All the best & crafty goodness!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  17. welcome back Enfys...love the luxurious chandelier.

    my son had the privilege to participate in the Macy's parade marching band...i think two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card! You mean you are not wonderwoman???? All this time I thought you were! I'm glad you got home safe and sound. What fun you and Mike will have in November! I've always wanted to see the parade in person too. TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Glad to hear ya'll had a safe trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. your card is very elegant!! Can you sneak me in your suitcase in November when go to New York??? lol...
    hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad youve got there safe and sound! Hope your car is soon sorted!

    Enjoy the sun!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Enfys, what a fabulous card, I love the way youve put the bling on to create a realistic look. Hope you get the car sorted and enjoy your time in the warmth of Florida you lucky person, its cold here again. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad you arrived safely
    very luxurious card indeed
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enfys, glad to hear you arrived safely back in the good ol' USA! And I now pronounce you the Queen of Red & Black! You always pull off those colors so effortlessly! LOVE this card and dig all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card, En and so glad you had a safe journey. It's a good job you flew when you did otherwise you'd have had a right tale to tell with this Volcano!!
    Have a great weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very elegant, indeed! So happy to have you back, En! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  27. very cute card and let me be the 30th person to welcome you back the the USA

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x