Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Spring Sunshine

Here's a splash of sunshine for a winters day. I used a ready made scalloped card, punched a square with a Martha Stewart round the page punch and cut out the middle with a rounded square nestability. I cut a smaller aperture in a pale green square to frame the flowers. Lots and lots of layers on the flowers, which are the Primula die from Memory box, with some added foliage done with a Martha punch




 I felt happy making this, it reminded me of buttercups on a summers day. The flowers were popped on with Pinflair glue, which dries in a 'blob' and doesn't flatten out as it dries. You apply it with a syringe, so it's easy to be precise
I didn't put a sentiment onto this card, it could be useful for so many occasions.


I had an email yesterday from Eileen, who wanted to know where I got my inspiration for my cards. That set me thinking, and the honest answer is I really don't know. Like all crafters I sometimes hit a wall and my mojo disappears for a few days, but I can't say what brings it back. I wish I could say that I was inspired by a glorious sunset/the colour of the summer sky/a scrap of vintage fabric/a piece of pottery rescued from a junk store.............but even though that would make me sound very artsy and quirky, I cannot tell a lie....
The truth is that I sit and mess around at my desk, I mess with papers, I leaf through  cricut handbooks, I fiddle with stamps, and somehow, all this messing leads to the card. I do have temporary passions though, one week it's all Cricut, this past week I have been on a real floral kick, next week it will be something totally different no doubt. Anyone seen the Mod Podge? That reminds me, I still haven't used that grunge board that has been back and forth across the Atlantic with me so many times, I am thinking of applying for a grunge board frequent flyer card. (I still don't have any clue what I am supposed to be doing with the stuff, perhaps that can be my mission/passion for next week)


See you tomorrow 

34 comments:

  1. What a GORGEOUS card. Love all the layers and the reminder as I am sitting here freezing that spring is just around the corner. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those 3d flowers, Enfys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the very picture of spring. Your card is simply gorgeous :) Makes me happy that spring is just around the corner. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly STUNNING! I love those flowers! Great job! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh how pretty....love all the layers and those flowers soooo cute!
    Excited to see you use the grundge board loveee the smell of it...the Cricut loves it as well cuts really nice!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card!
    It looks like a piece of art!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    DMcardmaker (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is just so pretty, gosh i can feel Spring through the computer lol. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. En, this card makes me happy to see it, too!! I really love it! Thanks for such great inspiration on the construction of this one... It is a definite DO RIGHT AWAY on my list :) My "Cricut Play Date" gals will be seeing this one this weekend... as always, you are the best!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Enfys, this is beautiful.I love all the layers you used. Those little flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is gorgeous Enfys! Love the flowers they look so delicate! I have a birthday candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!!!! I love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a yummy card! So soft and spring like. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Enfys, this card is absolutely adorable. I love the layers and the shade of green. Very delicate. Wishing you a great crafty day.
    Hugs
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely beautiful...my kind of card, elegant, soft and makes me happy to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! I've been making flowers this week. I've watched a gazillion youtube video how to's and am on a flower binge. I love your little flowers. Most of the ones I've made are cricut cut outs, then twisted, scrunched, spritzed, glimmered and glued. Most of them are simple, but some are spectacular. I hope I remember to take pix of them before they get put on a card or page and sent off. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my this is one beautiful card. I may have to give it a try with my Cricut.
    I have been cutting egg cartons because it is the same material as grunge board. It makes great dress forms and flowers. I am to cheep to buy the real thing. The only trouble with the egg carton is that there isn't much you can use. I am just eating lots of eggs. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh I feel all summery now! Lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this card. A breath of spring and sunshine.

    Barbara in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enfys, This card is absolutely stunning! I just love the little flowers and the beautiful spring/summer colors. It would warm up anybody's day. TGS and Hugs!
    -Barbara-

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enfys, This card is absolutely stunning! I just love the little flowers and the beautiful spring/summer colors. It would warm up anybody's day. TGS and Hugs!
    -Barbara-

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG your card is stunning,beautiful and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW ... it's been a while since I've seen any one card that left me so totally awe struck, amazed, and inspired as much as this one has. The levels and dimensions really give it life and make this card so realistic. I can imagine the petals swaying gently in a soft warm breeze. I only wish I could reach through my computer to get a whiff of the lovely floral scent of those delicate beauties!
    *wink*

    I can't help but smile and think of a joyous warm spring day. Bravo on this creation, I love it!

    Hugz,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card dear, I love how you layered the frames to give the shadow box effect. It is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Enfys. I love yellow and I love flowers, so you've made the perfect card for me! I know what you mean about the grunge board. I have a pot of crackle accents on my desk and now can't decide what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The flowers remind me of buttercups too, lovely shade of yellow and perfect little spring card Enfys.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is just gorgeous, Enfys!!! Love all the depth, WOW! So bright and spring-like too ;- ) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi hun
    wow what a beautiful card, looks just like a spring day, that cant come soon enough, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This truly is a cheery card - so pretty and uplifting. As I look at the snow outside my window, I keep glancing back at your card to keep the spirit of spring alive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These flowers are such a breath of fresh air. I am a master gardener in the state of Tennessee in the USA and I am ready to dig in the dirt. We have had a very mild winter here and I have had daffodils blooming in the yard for about 2 weeks now, so very early for them. I keep thinking we are sure to get a big blast of winter late this year and it do so much damage to the plant life (we had a winter like that about 3 or 4 years ago). Several shrubsa and trees were killed to the ground if not killed completly.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is just stunning. I love those flowers. They make our dreary damp day feel like springtime. No, not really!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh My Goodness Enfys. I love this card. I love cards that have white on white. The yellow flowers just sets it off. Very Springy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiul card. I have got to try one of these soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x