Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 10 February 2012

More of Moorish!

I can't get enough of this new collection from Craftwork Cards, and for some reason I have been in a flowery mood this week - perhaps it's the result of buying three bunches of daffodils which have opened and are looking so springlike and fresh, even though it's freezing outside.....

This first one was made with the flower template in this month's kit - I cut out the bowl in white and coloured with Promarkers. I added a few punched tiny flowers for centers. Don't you love the shaped messages? The shaped card came with the kit as well. The colours remind me of a bunch of anemones, one of my favourite flowers. I put a few drops of glossy accents here and there on the flowers to look like dew drops.. 



For this next one, I cut the fence using the Bloom Cricut cartridge, and embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder by Sissix - I think it's a Tim Holtz folder. Again, I added little punched flowers and leaves and sprinkled a few gems about.......the butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch



I went to see the Matthew Bournes 'Nutcracker' last night. (Those of you not in the UK, MB is a very innovative choreographer) It was marvellous, if ever you have the chance, do go and see it. There is something about live theatre isn't there? A civilized drink before you go in, another in the interval, a great rush of people all needing the restrooms at the same time, the slow shuffle out of the theatre at the end, clapping until your hands hurt.....I love it


My little grandsons continue to keep me amused - conversation between two year old Milo and his Mummy


Where you going Mummy?
To work
Why?
Well, to earn money...
Why?
To pay for food, and holidays and toys. Can you think of something else Mummy could buy?
Pause while Milo has a think about this......
An aeroplane?


That's my boy, aim for the top, nothing short of a Lear jet will do


See you tomorrow

18 comments:

  1. Two fabulous card Enfy, love the spring feel of both.
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your flowers are beautiful.. i have tired making some but need a little practice... i would take an airplane too... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Ef, It's so much fun to hear of the fun u have w/Ur G-boy's. Yup, that's the only way to stay young, that &a trip2 Kalickdociquia
    Sure are really nice cards on display. Keep well.PLJ2uUr's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilove these cards with the punched flowers! I'll have to give it a try with my cricut. Don't kids say the cutest things. I can still remember my Matthew at 7 or 8 took another hot dog, bun and all. (His 4th!) I told him if you can't eat the whole thing, don't take it. Oh I'll eat it. He assured me. 1 bite and that was that. So I was lecturing him about how there were children starving somewhere, and he very innocently said "Here mom, send them this" We all wanted to laugh, but couldn't. He was allowed to leave the room...what else can you say! lol Airplane huh...where would they park it? lol Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Enfys, love the cards and the flowers are encouraging!!! Spring is near! Spring is near! I absolutely love the fence, nice touch! Thanks for remininding me to get one of those planes. Have a great day.
    Hugs.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Enfys wow love your card, all those gorgeous flowers.
    Yes children always expect you to do miracles, and if you dont they arnt amused, not sure I would have parking for a Lear Jet, we have more than enough trouble trying to find a parking for the car. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, bless! I love the things little ones say.

    Superb cards Enfys!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the fence.
    I hope mom is saving for a good educations. That little one will need a good job to pay for his wants. LOL
    So funny the things they come up with. It is the thing I miss about teaching first grade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are just beautiful!!
    I love the flowers.
    Great job Enfys!
    -Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haf forgotten about the fence on the Bloom cartridge. The embossing takes it to a high level. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such pretty cards, love the flowers
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards. I love your flower kick. Kids say the funniest things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are gorgeous Enfys, I love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Enfys love those flowers and beautiful colours.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, those lovely flowers can make me believe it's spring, until I look out my window. We got snow today, How odd for the midwest this winter, ha ha! Of course, the snow looks so much better then the dead brown we've been looking at ;- ) Milo knows he needs a plane so he can visit his Grandparents when they fly off to the US! The cards are wonderful, love the embossing detail on the fence. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww kids are sooo precious thanks for sharing that moment! love love love your cards the colors are really beautiful!!!
    hugs
    Brenda
    now to play catch up on your amazing projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, love these conversations of your grandson! Your cards are great! Love all the flowers and the shapes of these cards. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x