Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 6 May 2011

Max and Milo Birthday Cards

The challenge on Polkadoodles this week was an easel card, so I decided to make this one for Milo, who will be two on he 18th of this month. I used the bear and cake from the Sundae of Seasons CD, the kraft paper is from the Sprinkles of Kraft CD. I 'iced' the cake with Pebeo pearl fabric paint. The cake with candles is popped up with foam pads to keep the easel standing. The green letters spelling his name are rub ons by Making Memories, and the tiny tag is by Craftwork Cards

Once this was done, I had to make a card for Max, his big brother, who will be four on the 20th May. Max is still fascinated with fire engines,firemen and emergencies, so this card will be perfect for him. The engine and lettering were cut from the B is for Boy cricut cartridge, the blue gingham paper is Recollections from Michaels. I embossed the red panel for texture and added some silver card candi to the fire engine
I was with my craft group all day yesterday. We meet in a community centre, which has woods at the back of it, and all day we were watching cardinals and bluejays flying around. Then a feral cat came cautiously out of the woods, looked around, then went and fetched her tiny kitten. When darkness fell, we suddenly heard a tremendous snapping and snarling outside, then the unmistakably anguished cry of a cat. We were quite upset to think that the little kitten may have been taken by a predator. Nature can be cruel.
See you tomorrow

9 comments:

  1. Those are sooooooo cute Enfys! I love both of them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are going to love these! Our 5 baby Phoebe's fledged this afternoon. Must admit that's a relief, now I can clean up the deck! Hope your kitty was OK...guess you'll probably never know. So assume it was!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnily enough, it's wanting to make cards for my grandchildren that got me into cardmaking in the first place, and they are still the ones that give me the most pleasure. These two are both lovely Enfys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are both adorable! Your grandkids will love them and are lucky to have such a talented grandma...TFS! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the cd I won from you...should be here any day. I sure hope that little kitty is okay. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    Carol aka cyimbugbitten
    bugbitten at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute cards you made for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great cards, Enfys. I must look at the CD you used for Milo. The bear is charming. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Enfys,

    Don't think of nature, and the cruelness of it - just keep thinking of those little angels back home!

    The cards are just amazing, as they always are! They will know how much they are thought of and loved when they get them!

    Best wishes for a wonderful and very Happy Mother's Day!

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x