Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 10 May 2010

Wild for You - Daring Cardmakers

On Daring Cardmakers (my favourite challenge blog) this week, the dare is Emerald Green. So I ferret about in my papers and find these jungle papers by Reminisce. The leaves were a 12x12 scrapbook page with the leaves around the outside of the square, I just chopped them off the edges to make a border. The giraffe is an old, favourite stamp of mine, by Rubber Cottage. It still didn't look right, so I started wrapping string around it, I quite like the way it looks a bit like a funky tree trunk. The sentiment is a dollar stamp, and the brads are card candy from Craftwork Cards


I had another jungle stamp that I had borrowed, this time by Judikins, and made a second card with this whilst the supplies were out

We had a great time down on Anna Maria Island at the weekend, the sun shone, the sea was a glorious clear turquoise blue and warm as a bath, the only flaw as far as I was concerned was - sand. A bit of a problem for me, the beach, let's face it, you can't really avoid sand there can you? I seem to be a bit of a sand magnet, and two days later, after numerous showers, the stuff is still falling off me. I could put my grandchildren to play in my shower stall and tell them it's a sand pit!
Lastly, I had a lovely surprise on Friday, a mysterious parcel arrived, full of the most gorgeous scrapping goodies, including Prima flowers, Heidi Swapp stamps, ghost letters and shapes. It was from Eileen, (who bloggers will know as eiyiyi) with a lovely note saying she enjoyed my blog. Isn't that the sweetest thing to do? Thank you so much Eileen, now if you can do me a favour all of you and click on the link to pop over to Eileen's blog Dropped Stitches, to see her lovely stuff, that would be great.
See you tomorrow

24 comments:

  1. This is such a great card! Love it. Have a wonderful day :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi En! so sorry I haven't been by in ages!! LOVE this card! The wrapped string looks really awesome and that giraffe is fantastic! Hope you're doing well!!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi En, fab card I love wild animals, we often visit Chester Zoo, 2 miles away. The animal images are great and so is the leaf effect. janex

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous green cards...love that giraffe....you have no idea how many times I have typed giraffe..first he had 2 r's then 2 e's but I have finally plumped for 2 f's...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to get a package in the mail, that was so sweet of Eileen. She is really a sweetheart. I love love your card, and yes I agree the string does look like a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet LOVE IT great title to..
    byebye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you don´t mind i want to use the title
    byebye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards En. Love the jungly green idea and the funky giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just brilliant, the string really adds to the effect and the second one is just gorgeous, nice stamps. I feel the same about sand, nice from a distance, yet I do love the seaside.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!! soooo cute, love how you did the leaves very dimentional

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! Love them!! Glad you have a wonderful weekend!!! I don't really care for sand either. It seems to get in every crack in your body!! LOL :)
    I just started my blog. It's a work in progress. If you have a chance

    http://meemeescrerations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wild for you cards. My grandsons get a big kick out of them.
    Thank you
    Linda in Stanwood

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great cards En!! Love the giraffe...what a fun image!! TFS

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are cute and what a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful cards, dear Enfys.
    I love the colours.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Enfys I absolutely love your card, its so cute and Giraffes are one of my favourite animals.
    It also sounds as though you were spoilt with all those yummy goodies. With love and hugs and no sand. Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you chopped of those leaves and recycled them, En! And the twine looks great... adds a fun texture to the cards and yes, it does resemble a funky tree trunk! I'm a big fan of Eileen's as well, and how sweet of her to send you such a lovely bundle of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I love the Giraffe and the string looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eileen's has been one of my fave blogs for quite some time. She is such a sweetie! I'm not surprised she sent you some goodies. Enjoy
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Giraffe is brilliant! no wonder he's a favourite. Both cards are fabulous and I just love the jungle themes. They're just perfect for our Emerald Dare - thanks for joining in!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. They're both fabulous cards. I love the giraffe's head popping out. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those cards so much. Especially the cute leaves and giraffe. Thanks for going green with DCM :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are both great cards, that giraffe is so cute and I love how you used the leaves. Glad you had a wonderful weekend.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x