Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 1 May 2010

Get Funky Challenge

The first of the month always sees the new challenge over on Get Funky. It was my turn to set the challenge this month, and I chose the theme
Shaped Cards
The team have come up with some brilliant ideas, pop over there and take a look. Try your hand at the challenge too, the winner gets a £20 (about $30) Funky Hand voucher.
I cut the base card (doily cut, Wild Card cartridge) at 5.5" in grey, and printed the papers out from the Blue Magic collection on the Dreams Come True CD. The flowers are just torn circles of paper, inked with brilliance ink which gives a pretty sheen. The dragonfly is a new digi stamp download from Funky Hand, I cut once in paper, and once in acetate, then just cut the wings of the acetate image out and popped it onto the base with pinflair glue to give it a lift. The photo looks slightly wonky, sorry about that.

It's a very simple little card, but I rather like it, I left it with no sentiment as it is one of those cards that could be used for multiple occasions.
Today is National Scrapbook Day. Are you doing anything?
I am going to an all day crop with some friends and spent the whole evening last night trying to make sense of what to take. I never get it right when I go to these things. Within minutes of getting there, I am saying 'has anybody got a blue button/red ribbon/black brad'. The only redeeming thing is that I always have stuff that other people have forgotten. So I am going prepared, with about 10 projects in mind. No bets on how many I will get done, my guess is about 2 1/2!

They are STILL pouring concrete underneath the house in the next street. How big was that sinkhole? Has it got a brother lurking under our house? Will I ever sleep at night again? Will I ever take a shower without having a HUGE towel to grab just in case I have to be rescued, dripping wet and starkers from out of a big hole? Why do people always tell you about hurricanes but never about sinkholes until the next street starts falling into one? I think I don't need answers, I need a sense-of-perspective transplant :)
Happy scrapbook day

24 comments:

  1. So beautiful, dear Enfys, also the flowers are great.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeoous card Enfys,i love your papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Enfys
    gorgeous shapped card, luv the flowers and butterfly, very pretty hun, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enfys-great card! The story about the sinkhole is amazing. I must say you had me laughing thinking about it caving just as you are in the shower! HA HA HA....

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card en, love the shape and the flowers and the dragonfly, well just all of it really. (lou has visions of en stood in bathrobe with wet hair in a towel on head clutching mike in one arm and her cricut in the other in case of sinkhole.....!!) have a fab day at the crop hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. O wauw lovely i like the draggonfly and the yummie flowers.
    byebye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Enfys. Have fun at your crop. Have a lovely weekend.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card...love the colors and the big funky, chunky flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Enfys!!! I love the torn flowers, they are gorgeous!!! My congrats to your blog hop winner of Robotz, and the LO is so darn cute!! I hope you have a blast today at your crop, and as for the sinkhole, my wish is that you have your knickers on if anything happens!!!!

    Love your stories and all your projects Enfys, you have given me such inspiration and giggles!!!!

    God Bless you and your family, you are the best!!!

    Crafty "I hope you don't have to ask for too many brads today" Hugs!!!!

    Lisa Sturgill :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops, my bad, I meant congrats to the winner of your images!!! I got confused with your cute Robotz LO! Not difficult to do with my medicated mind!!!! So now I have to say I'm jealous, because I would have loved to win your blog candy..yes, it was ok that someone had won the Robotz cart, but when I realized again what it was...cricut bug green envy set in!!!! LOL

    Seriously, you are so generous with your time and talent Enfys..and don't let that sink hole get ya..I don't know what I would do!!!!!!

    Hugs and Lubs!!!!!

    Lisa Sturgill :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. En it is lovely, soooo soft and that dragon fly, wow. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute funky card
    Thank you
    Linda in Stanwood

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fabulous!! I love the muted tones and the scalloped circle shape of the card.

    Hugs,
    Amy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your imagination on sinkholes is priceless! :) As I don't have to deal with them (Oregon), I'm getting a good chuckle out of your word pictures.
    I saw a quote somewhere and don't know who said it but, 'If you are going to pray, don't worry. If you are going to worry, don't pray.' My prayer for you is the ability to sleep.
    By the way, love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your project!! This monthly I had my bi-monthly scrapbooking class & we had a BLAST like also!!
    Hope you have a GREAT Scrapbooking day!
    hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card En. I love that doily cut from WC. Hope you have a happy scrappin' day and as long as you have a grand time it doesn't matter if you get anything done! Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the flowers and dragonfly! Beautiful card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card. The flowers are very pretty. Cool shape.
    So sorry about the sinkhole on the next street.
    I have a solution, so that you can relax in the shower****wear a bikini!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so beautiful and your sinkhole story is soooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Didn't do much for National Scrapbooking Day, had a lot of work to get done. Just now getting a chance to read blogs etc. Hope you got some things done at your crop. I'm very slow and usually get only a couple or 3 layouts done, so join the club. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving this one en and those gorgeous funky flowers......enjoy the rest of your weekend...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant work En - loving the look (but not the sound of sinkholes) Eeekk!!!!!.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely card En, great dragonfly
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x