Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 29 November 2014

Another MFT 'Happy' Card....

 When I was making my card shown HERE, I had a scrap of rainbow coloured card left over, so I cut out this sentiment, and popped it onto a couple of the stitched rectangle dies as a backing....The you rock sentiment is from the MFT Blueprints 11 die set






I played around a bit with the background, I found this smattering of little stars on a Heidi Swapp stencil, I applied pigment inks directly through this onto the card base, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I found a tiny circle stamp by Stampin Up to fill in the gaps - I wanted it to be an explosion of colour. Added a couple of punched and die cut stars which I popped up with foam pads, and I was done.....


There is something about working with bright primary colours that always makes me happy!

Talking of colours, I found this MDF holder for my distress ink pads and I am so pleased with it, I daresay I should do something fancy with it and paint it or something, but as my tiny space is definitely functional and not pretty, it will do just fine in it's naked state...



Well a lot of Christmas shopping has been done here from the comfort of my armchair, my list is coming along nicely, although as always I am totally stumped about what to get for a couple of people. I am one of these (probably irritating) people who buy gifts for Christmas throughout the year if I see something that is perfect for a particular friend. The problem is that I forget what I have bought, so this next couple of weeks will see me scrabbling around buying stuff, then when the great gift wrapping day arrives, I will discover that one person has four gifts, while another has none. Happens every year. 

It's been a while since I did a Letraset giveaway, so I'll be back tomorrow with one - see you then x

12 comments:

  1. You rock Enfy! Such a bright and cheerful card, love it with all the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Enfys. I have a star stencil and the SU tiny circle stamp so I think I'll get the embossing paste out and have a go. Thanks for the inspiration! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cheerful card Enfys.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always had a love for rainbows, this card is excellent! I have had to stop buying presents throughout the year because of the same problem you have experienced. I go with a list and write has I have bought and keep it hidden from prying eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I used to do the same thing.when I had $ to spend. Thankfully, things have finally come together and we're shopping again 😆. Now I have to stop myself from spending way too much on the grandkids. Love the card. The bright colors make me feel good too. TFS, big hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an upbeat card! Love the colors, makes for such a happy card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if that card doesn't cheer-up anyone I don't know what will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those bright primary colors, too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is truly beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!! I started my shopping at Costco the two small grand children are ck'd off from my list...4 more to go...what do you get young adults?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had the same surgery so I know how you are
    feeling, take care. Love your blog, I check it every
    couple of days to see whats new.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x