Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 25 May 2009

Memorial Day in the USA

It's Memorial day in the USA today, a national holiday, and a day to remember the sacrifices that men and women serving in the armed forces have made for their country. We remember on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month here in the UK, and wear a poppy with pride. I just had to share with you this lovely email that I got from one of the readers of this blog. Thank you Jan

En,

As I watch the tv and remember my years as a child during WWII and the Vietnam War more recently, I do not only think of all my friends and family members that have and are serving this country. I also remember the devastation and sacrifice of your own country and the other countries also. We did not have instant news during WWII and had to rely on late news in the papers and the newsreels at the movies. We have been so fortunate not to have any wars on own own land except in the beginning of this country and our own Civil War. So please accept my thanks to your fellow country men and women who served so valiantly.

Jan, Bradenton, Florida


I don't know what is going on with Blogger this weekend, I have been visiting my favourite sites and keep getting a page unavailable message, then the annoying windows message page. I have found that if you hit the back button, from this error page, it takes you back to the blog and it works perfectly. Bizarre. So if I haven't visited you, it's not for want of trying my friends x

12 comments:

  1. You are not the only one having problems with Blogger. I have had this problem for several days, must be a problem with the Blogspot server. Very annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same problem with several blogs not all but several.. Thanks for sharing your e-mail with us... how's that cute little Milo doing???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Thank you for comment on my card :)
    I have put a post up on my blog for people having problems with blogger and internet explorer. you can find the post here

    http://gardenofhandmadelove.blogspot.com/2009/05/problems-with-blogs-and-internet.html

    Hope this helps :)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. En,
    I am so awed to see that you have visited my blog and appreciate your kind comment. I only hope to someday have a pinch of the talent you share with us everyday. I love following your blog and viewing your creations. Your work is truly amazing.
    Best,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Enfys, thank you so much for the lovely comments left on my blogspot. I do hope that you had a good memorial day, take care love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankyou for sharing this letter ~ my parents remember the 2nd world war as children and my dads sister went onto marry a GI (as there were many stationed down here)~so have family now living in the USA ~my aunt still loves to talk about those days!!
    as for blogger ~ oh boy ~driving me mad!! some blogs always cause my computer problems!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Enfys what a beautiful tribute to our troops, both now and then. I thank you for all of your sweet comments to my blog and to thank you for your inspiration. I love it when I open my email and see "Going Buggy."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning hun, Mr Blogger is certainly a naughty boy lately, thanks for sharing the above sweetie
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. Love it. Cuttlebug added a lot to all your detail. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope blogger has sorted itself out for me. Seems to be working ok for me which makes a refreshing change!!!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger has been a bugger this weekend. You are not alone. Thanks for sharing that wonderful email and thanks for stopping by my blog to cheer me up. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness it is not just me! I haven't been able to access my own blog either!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x