Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 26 October 2012

Christening Cards



I don't know if you remember, way back in May, I was having a nervous breakdown because a set of Christening cards I had been asked to make for Papercraft Inspirations magazine had got lost in the mail. There was a tight deadline before they were due in the photography studio of the magazine, so I had to redo them in a midnight oil burning session. Well, they got there, they were published and I can share them with you now after all this time. They were for the Quick cards section of the magazine, so quite simple.........

For this first one, I coloured white chipboard letters in pastel colours. The baby is from the Sundae of Seasons CD by Polkadoodles


This next one uses a Lili of the Valley image, and is a simple easel card - the front of the card was folded in half, and the image just popped on so that it stood clear of the fold line


This next one was my favourite, probably because I drew the template for the church myself, and I thought I was being clever using a cut down letter T sticker for the Cross. the sentiment was stamped onto card candi from Craftwork Cards


I have been having a trawl through my picture folders, and have found all sorts of stuff I haven't shared with you so there will be a respite from Christmas cards for a few days

We are in for a cold (well, cool) spell here in Florida, year-round residents are delighted and looking forward to it. Me? I would be happy for it to stay just as it is until Christmas, but I will just have to be gracious and allow them all a day or two of chill, but after that there will be a stern chat with the head weather man about sunshine and iced coffee.....

See you tomorrow x

16 comments:

  1. These all are very cute.
    Love your Church with the T...I mean Cross on top.
    The christening card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful selection of card's Enfys. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are all lovely. I like the way you did the folded popup type card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning en!
    oh hun they are all fabulous. Its freeeeezing here today, the first real cold day we have had so please have a word with the weather man for this side of the pond too! lol!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards Enfys - I've used the Lili of the Valley stamp many times and it is gorgeous. Bitterly cold here today so no complaining about COOL please! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, I especially love the design of the first one xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enfys - these are all so beautiful. I love the little image from Polkadoodles. The image from Lily of the Valley is gorgeous. And wow for your church. Fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards, En! Love the pastel colors and stamping the greeting onto the card candis was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, one and all, but I have to tell you that I'm totally in love with the second one. Love the image and the soft colours you used. It's so dainty - perfect for the Christening of a baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all three cards. They are all so unique. I love the stamping on the card candi. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I LOVE IT, it is very beautiful
    Hugs Ghea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Enfys, These are beautiful l'm so pleased you are now able to show them totally stunning.........we have a cold spell at the moment and its not nice!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do remember that whole nightmare...too funny that they finally arrived...they are too cute!!
    VERY cold weather moving in right now this weekend...I hate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Enfys, what an awful thing to happen..all the hard work lost and to start all over again,wonderful cards, very inspirational! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chilly here Enfys...3C at the moment brrrrrrrrrrr.

    Love the soft colours on the lettering - beautiful collection of cards.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x