Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Flowerpot Card for Craftwork Cards

The lovely peeps over at Craftwork Cards sent me a pad of die cut flowers and papers - it's called Floral Fusion. I knew straightaway that I wanted to make a flowerpot card, it's ages since I made one, and they are so simple and effective. The flowers are all layered from the pad, inked with spiced marmalade distress ink,  and the leaves are Spellbinders, cut in white and coloured with ProMarkers


 I love the way the insert with the flowers on lifts right out to reveal a message......



Oh dear. Blitzy had Tim Holtz distress inkpads today - I bought eighteen! At home they sell for between £4 and £5, which is about eight dollars, so when I saw them on sale for $2.99, well, it was a no-brainer. I have pretty much all the colours now. Next it will be the reinkers.... Oh, I got a couple of dies as well. I need a twelve step programme.......


I am keeping a low profile here in Florida as far as friends from the UK are concerned, from what I gather the UK is being battered with torrential rain and high winds. I don't think I would be anybody's favourite friend if I told them that the weather here is glorious. How to alienate friends without even trying....


Overheard in Dunkin Donuts today, one of the servers was sitting outside with her feet up, on the phone. 'well I am working with two broken ankles' she yelled at some person on the other end of the phone, who obviously wasn't working at all. Phone call finished, she hopped to her feet and walked briskly back to work. Is that coffee responsible for miracle healing?


I will be having another look at all the challenge entries over the next couple of days, and announce the winners later in the week. Oh yes, and deciding on the next challenge as well

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and I love the insert. What a clever and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enfys, this card is amazing love your colors. I haven't made one of these in years and they are so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to know exactly how this was done so we can make one. This is so cute Enfys....Great Job.... I used your favorite cd to make a card that I will post tomorrow. It has boot and rain gear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!love all the flowers.This are so fun with pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a 12 step program for craftaholics? LOL I've got 'em all, including the seasonals! Fun card, Enfys.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Enfys.

    I'm waiting to get my hands on a set of the Spring limited colours but at $2.99 I think I would have been right with you stocking up on all the others.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so cute. Love the way the message pops out. I must try to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word! 2 broken ankles...lets hope she was trying to motivate who ever was one the other end! lol
    Love the card. You are a bad influance on me! Every time I see something new I want to go shop!
    TFS, Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maryellen WebberTuesday, May 01, 2012

    I love your flower pot card! Glad you are enjoying the Florida weather too! :D
    -Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, very clever insert. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card. I'd like to know how to make one. It's a prefect card for any occasion. We have a little sunshine today but very cold. My brother's coming up from Texas to visit next week. He's going to freeze his toosh off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card. I'd like to know how to make one. It's a prefect card for any occasion. We have a little sunshine today but very cold. My brother's coming up from Texas to visit next week. He's going to freeze his toosh off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to know what they put in those coffee cups too ;D

    Your card turned out really cute! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stories..I am addicted to scrap/card making supplies as well!! Your flowerpot card is beautiful!! And I just realized that I totally MISSED the April challenge!! Had a daughter that married mid April, bought a house, and is pregnant all in a matter of a two month period!! I'm just now getting back to normal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card hon! Loved your DD story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flower pot card, Enfys. Sooo fun ;- ) I too succumbed to Blitsy. I'm suppose to be on a spending fast, but decided at those prices it would just be a spending diet and got 6, ha ha! You just can't touch them for those prices anywhere. What's a girl to do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    wwww.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card appeared on the cover of Scrapbooks, Etc. August 2011. Guess this company "scraplifted" it. Joan

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x