Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Poppies

First of all, here's the first little animal I made with my Peachy Keen face stamps. Cute? There are a lot more, and the card I made with this little dog on today's Scrappy-go-Lucky post. Pop over there to see what you think, and don't forget that the stamps are now available in the UK store

Here's a card that I am entering for three challenges, that's unheard of for me.
First of all, Daring Cardmakers asked for Poppies or Gladioli
Penny Black have an open challenge this week
and Allsorts specified the colour red

This is one of my favourite Penny Black stamps, called simply 'Poppies' I have used it over and over. I ran the red piece through the cuttlebug using the vine and birds folder, added some raffia ribbon and a fancy button threaded with black organza ribbon. The sentiment is by Craftwork Cards

I have been making a start on Christmas cards - I know, quite ridiculous in August. Mind you, the weather was right for it, I was freezing yesterday and had to dig out a winter sweater. Between the weather, the economy and rioting thugs.........I could write reams about these destructive thieves, but you don't come here for that, so I'll button up and seethe quietly to myself, as a proud UK citizen, about the lack of respect for people and property being demonstrated, with no evidence of a shred of human decency. What are we coming to? I feel really sad........I better go and have a coffee and find someone who will make me laugh
See you tomorrow

22 comments:

  1. Wow, the doggy is so cute, and your card is fabolous.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOuld that all people were as nice as cardmakers -

    Janette S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your little doggie. Have seen the footage on TV and these thugs seem to be all over the world.... How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pup - so cute.

    The poppy card is beautiful.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe, my friend. The newsin the US is grim. Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Enfys ... I feel so badly for all of you there in the UK with all the horrid rioting going on. I pray that no more of your beautiful buildings are lost to those THUGS! But I pray even more that no one is hurt.

    Please stay safe!
    Hugz,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable puppy card and I love the poppies.
    I am wondering where every ones common sense went too. The so call people in charge say such bad things about each other and wonder why everyone hates each other. They are just a bunch of bullies here in the US anyway. We need the 60's back.
    Peace, Love
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual your cards are adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are wonderful Enfys but I can't get enough of that puppy;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those critters on Scrappy-Go-Lucky were adorable! Love the way those stamps give them so much personality. Thanks for sharing them. The poppy card is quite striking too. Good luck on your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic creation Enfys! Thank you so much for entering it in the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute, Enfys! Puppy Dog is adorable, and I love the Poppy card!

    Chin up, been feeling the same way, and I have to believe there are enough of us decent people and we've just about had enough - we're on the brink of taking back our countries!

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  14. I left a comment on Mandy's blog. The dog is too cute.
    Cheers Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi En
    Two fab cards - the wee dog is super cute and the poppies are so striking.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The idea of making the little dog is fantastic! i would love to try....a cat maybe. It's so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A super creation Enfys and lovely to see you at Allsorts.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning card en......thanks for joining in th fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards, the dog is adorable. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, that poppy stamp is lovely! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gorgeous cards Enfys love them both.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x