Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 26 August 2011

Hedgehogs and Goodies.......

First of all today, if it's Friday, it must be Polkadoodles day. This week the theme is spots and dots, and it's our stashbox stamp week, which means that the team can use any stamp from any manufacturer. I was hampered a bit (well, a lot) by the fact that my printer had broken down, so I rummaged in my box of printed out goodies, and came up with this blue and pink spotty paper printed from the Sundae of Seasons CD. The stamp is a Penny Black, coloured with promarkers, and the sentiment is also printed out from the CD. I did a triple punched border along the left hand side. (This would be a good card for Kiki, who loves her Saturday ballet lesson......)


Next, on to some goodies that arrived in the mail to brighten my day. Look at this gorgeous card sent to me by Bobby and Jill who won some blog candy here. The card is beautiful, inside and out, with stitching and lots of detail. Thank you so much for going to so much trouble Bobby and Jill, I really appreciate it
and a bit of a bumper box arrived. I had made my bi-annual order of cardstock from
Craftwork Cards. Will I ever use all this? Well yes, it will last me about six months! I love the quality of the cardstock, they are a really good weight and feel classy. Tucked away at the bottom is a pack of their super smooth card for stamping and printing out digi images. If you haven't tried this you are in for a treat, it is a joy to colour. My last pack got ruined in the famous flood, and I have really missed using it....
and look what they have come up with now, cards with elegant shaped edges and crisp embossing..... here's an argyle pattern
and some dots. Yes I could emboss the edges but I don't have folders that would emboss 6" cards, and those crisp lines would be difficult to do as well...
here's some holly.......
and flowers......
and paisley.....
Keep these fabulous ideas coming Sue and Julie - love them

I have had a day off from packing and sorting yesterday, my sister came over for the day, and we had a lovely time just chatting and mooching around shops, and drinking coffee, and laughing.
Isn't memory a funny thing? We often find that one of us can recall some incident from our childhood with crystal clarity, and the other one has no recollection at all of the incident. Yesterday my sister was reminiscing fondly about our Uncle John and Aunt Phyllis, remembering the wonderful afternoon teas that she used to do, snowy white tablecloths, lovely china, and masses of gorgeous cakes to eat. I found this very very scary indeed. Why? Couldn't I remember these wonderful feasts?
No, it's worse than that, much worse.........

I didn't know we had an Aunt Phyllis!!!!!

Oh dear........

13 comments:

  1. Your dancing hedgies are so adorable. Cute, cute card. Your story today made me laugh because I have been in that situation more than once. Aren't sisters wonderful? I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed the dancing gals, the colors are so soft. Had a chuckle out of your memeory relapse, me to a tea. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Got It! YAY! YAY! YAY! So glad you liked it! Now... The hedge hogs are just too cute! Love all the little details! Thanks again for the contest win and we are thrilled that the card arrived safe and sound! Bobby & Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enfys, you made me laugh out loud. Really! I think you just described a lot of us, me included. And YES, sisters are the BEST. Loved your card.
    DebbyS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, those hedgehogs are so cute dancing away in their tutu's lol, the papers are beautiful.
    Memories are really funny things, however having no memory of something has got to be better than having a completely different version of the said memory surely. I think that would bother me more because I would wonder which one has onset dementia lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ds and the cardstock is gorgeous! I will have to follow your link. Funny how our memory is so spotty at times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tooo cute.....lovely coloring too
    your story is too funny....maybe you don't remember b/c no tea was spilled on all that white :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Enfys! Good thing I had just swallowed my drink of tea! I laughed so hard at "Aunt Phyllis" I almost fell out of my chair!

    Darling card and great looking paper, by the way.

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new card stash. Yes, sisters are great, I sure miss my twin. Being only 10 minutes apart, we still had the same problem of one remembering something and the other not having a clue about said event. I do remember my Aunt Phyllis, she is the only one in the family that could tell my sister and I apart.

    Thanks for encouraging sister memories and for sharing your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, yes that would be a bit distressing wouldn't it?! Always wanted a sister... love the hedgies
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those little hedgehogs dancing all over everywhere!!! LOL! Love the pink and blue color!!!

    This card is gorgeous and sooo very precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x