Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Dad's Work Apron

I found this huge stamp on sale for half price. Hmmm, that could make good cards for men, I thought as I snapped it up

It was an excuse to break out my Handyman Lite cartridge, which has been lurking for a few months without being used. I stamped the image twice onto red paper, and cut out the apron on the first image, and the pockets from the second
Added some tools, cut at 2"
Some brads and a bit of ribbon, and I was done
I am going to have a go at making a barbecue apron, also for a man, before I turn the apron into a chintzy girlie one.....amazing what a new stamp can do to inspire you

I was woken this morning by loud sirens, hooting horns and a voice bellowing through a megaphone, so I was forced out of my warm cozy bed. Surely there weren't riots in my quiet neck of the woods at seven in the morning? No, it was the binmen (garbage collectors), the chap who was driving it wasn't very good at reversing, in fact, he was totally useless, and the lorry was repeatedly honking and hooting, with a mechanical voice saying 'lorry reversing, lorry reversing, stand clear'. The poor hapless driver was in a bit of a state, so I stood in my dressing gown and gave instructions. I sent him on his way with a wave, smug in the knowledge that he faced the humiliation of having been ordered about by a pensioner in her slippers and PJ's

See you tomorrow

9 comments:

  1. Hi Enfys, that is a great 'guy' card. It would scare my hubby to death, he'd think he was expected to actually DO something of a chore LOL!!! But I love this card! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card En, cant wait to see the girly one too!

    Being from Southampton, Id LOVE to see the binmen clearing our rubbish!! I've lost count of how many weeks they've been on strike!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Enfys thats one stunning card and a really love handyman one to. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes you wonder if he told anyone "his version" of the story - like "Had to put up with a crazy pensioner yelling at me in her robe and slippers. They don't pay me enough to do this job!" :) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Enfys! Love your story and Cheryl's comment, does make me wonder what his telling of the story sounded like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Enfys - glad to see you made good use of the stamp you bought at Melbics lol. Fab mens card X Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol you are such a case Enfys, can just picture that poor binman lol. Love your card, what a great use of that stamp, I would have been stumped with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great guy card and stamp! I can just see you out there in your jammies and slippers...directing the garbage men! Too funny. Would love to know what he had to say about it!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This apron stamp really does make a great card along with the handy man cart. I can't wait to see other versions now.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x