Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 1 August 2011

Craftwork Cards Classic Collection

Craftwork Cards monthly kit for July is a new collection of sentiments and yummy candi. I love these die cut letters, all foiled in gold or silver on a lovely pearlised cardstock. I cut the apple card using the Just Because cartridge with my Cricut, and added a sentiment circle and the die cut squares. This may very well be Kiki's seventh birthday card - they are coming to stay with us for a few days this week, so I don't think there will be much crafting going on for the next few days, and her birthday is next week.............


We are back home after a great weekend in Yorkshire - lots of laughter, good food and vino, and the very comfortable company of old friends

On Saturday we went to York, one of my favourite cities in the UK. Apart from the crowds, it was lovely to revisit old haunts. I know that those of you outside the UK enjoy seeing photos, so I snapped these for you.........

How would you like to shop here, this store was built in 1434!
Lots of quaint little streets, with the buildings overhanging the narrow passageways.......
Most of the streets and buildings date back to the 1400's
York Minster is probably one of the most beautiful Gothic cathedrals in the world.....
There has been a church on this site since 630AD. They started building the cathedral in 1110, it was finished and consecrated in 1472
I loved this stonework - it's part of a tomb, and looks like icing sugar, what craftmanship to create something so beautiful out of solid stone
So there you are, another peek at our beautiful and ancient country

See you tomorrow

22 comments:

  1. WOW! Absolutely beautiful pictures! I have always wanted to visit the UK...maybe one of these days!!

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Enfys your not the only one who loves York I think its a gorgeous city with so much history, we went to visit in the floods a few years ago but even then it was fabulous.
    Stunning shaped card by the way. hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! My next Holiday destination will surely be UK...Envys these pics are just awesome!!!

    tfs!
    hugs,
    Riti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures remind me of our visit to York about 10 years ago. I was in the area to do business at the UK's College of Emergency Preparedness outside York. SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you have me yearning to return. Reminds me so much of Chester which is my favorite city. Hope Kiki has a wonderful birthday and I loved the card. Joan in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are exceptionally beautiful. I live in the US sister city and I dont think they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. They are beautiful and show the gorgeous architcture from the past. We have nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really do love when you share photos of your beautiful country. It reminds why I MUST come back again for a longer visit. In fact, my husband and I have long dreamed of spending a year in the UK - we're just not sure how to make that happen. Have fun with the grandchildren. I know how they can add a spark to life - I have 10 of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! I love the photos you posted of your country and the sites you share with us! Thank you so much for thinking of us!

    Blessings,
    Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card, Enfys. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Have a wonderful time with Kiki on her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The exquisite architecture in the UK is absolutely breath taking. Even seeing them in photos leaves me in awe! If only those buildings could talk, what wonderful tales they could tell! Although we have many lovely buildings here in the US, we have nothing that compares.

    How wonderful that you were able to spend such a delightful week-end with your dear friends ... I can only imagine the great fun and laughter you shared!

    Hugz,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card and piccies En- hope you are well- I am good
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pics Enfys, I come from near there, good to see the pics reminds me of home.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the card and will try to do y own version. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures, especially of the cathedral. Really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The card is so great! How in the world can you handle all that inspiration? There aren't buildings from 1434 in the states. I love that kind of history! Have to fly over the pond and visit again soon. Didn't have near enough time on my last trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a really cute card, lovely for your granddaughter's birthday. Love the photo's, some really great buildings.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the pictures ! It's beautiful !!Brings back lots of memories !!
    A.N.
    scrapnfun208@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for sharing those beautiful pics.really cute apple with the ribbion.t

    ReplyDelete
  21. York is beautiful, but the Minster costs a fortune to get in. No wonder so many people are shocked at the prices.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Birthday wish cards look so creative crafting on the paper.It's different and extra ordinary look on the papers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x