Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 11 August 2011

Christmas Vellum

I spotted this gorgeous Christmas vellum by Papermania - it comes in 12 x 12 sheets, and although the photo doesn't show it well, the white design is slightly raised, and very sparkly. I loved this elegant holly swirl.... Papermania is a UK company and it's nice to see them developing their range of products, I really like some of the stuff they are producing these days

and this spotty one would be great for any elegant card, not just for Christmas.....
then there were the snowflakes, so pretty. I photographed them all against a dark colour cardstock so that you can see the detail
I used the holly swirl on these cards. The vellum is attached with a single glue dot underneath the Sissix snowflake. I dotted the snowflake and some of the swirls with Papermania shimmerz gems. The base card and sentiment are both by Craftwork Cards
Same idea, but this time I applied clear glue to pearly white card candi, and dunked them in my glitter pot, so they match the glitter on the vellum
I get asked a lot what glitter I use - I don't know why, because I can never get it to show up in photos (on second thoughts, perhaps that's why - people are thinking 'whatever she uses I am going to avoid it, doesn't look very glittery to me :D ). My favourite is called Ice Diamond by Great Impressions. It's incredibly hard to find though, and I am down to my last pot. Not helped by spilling half of it onto my black jeans when I was making these cards. I shall soon have an acute glitter emergency. In that case, I would turn to Martha Steward extra fine, or failing that, Glamour Dust

See you tomorrow

20 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, glitter or no glitter! And that vellum is so special. I'll be looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute.love the sparkle on the card.you gave me an idea.im going to buy vellum and then emboss it and add glitter to it.tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vellum! Nice cards...hope that you can stave off the glitter emergency.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely velum. Just makes for elegant cards. Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This vellum is beautiful and the way you used it is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely cards. I've had some of this vellum for several weeks now but all I've managed is to look at it, stroke it and put it away again - thanks for the inspiration.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards,love the vellum,i have a couple of sheetsof this i will have to start on christmas cards dont need a lot with such lovely glitter vellum already done for you, and the snowflake makes them look so stylish and expensive(certain shop in london) with christmas shop already open would charge a fortune for them. hugs ginny

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful cards Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards and the vellum is beautiful too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards I don't usually like vellum but these are lovely and they had them in the Range in Erdington so I might have to pop in and get some! x Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the papers are beautiful as is your card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh so elegant for a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are so stunning. I'm beginning to love embossed vellum on cards. Time to get it out and try doing it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are fabulous. I love the idea of vellum, because it's obviously so beautiful, but when I get it home I don't always know what to do with it, so thankyou for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi hun
    gorgeous card, those vellums are beautiful, i had one similar to the small dotty one, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous! What beautiful paper to spice up our holiday cards! Thank you for sharing with us.

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with these vellums, they are totally gorgeous! Your cards are beautiful, Enfys.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I am loving this vellum I so hope my local store will have some. Lovely cards, I am really liking the white on white I am seeing this year.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enfy's I dropped in earlier when you did this post because I saw the picture on the Google reading list preview! I knew it was going to be gorgeous!!! Sorry I didn't leave you a comment at the time but I was just running through the neighborhood -- knew I'd be back to comment later (that's now)!!! LOL!!!

    Your cards are always so lovely and I just love-love that vellum!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x