Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 5 August 2011

Case It - for Polkadoodles

This week at Polkadoodles, the design team were asked to 'case' or copy something that another design team member had made.
I was very taken with this rocker card by the very talented Colette, and used the idea very loosely for my inspiration - isn't her card brilliant, with the photo of the little boy in the helicopter

It has never occurred to me to make a 'rocker', I cut this one from Elegant edges at 5", then cut a 3" scallop circle. The hippo is from the Paper Boutique cartridge. This would be a good sentiment for someone hitting a BIG milestone birthday


I used card candi on the scallops, and in the middle of the flower
In our town yesterday, there was a Italian market in the town square - selling salami, olives, gorgeous Italian bread and so on. Having my morning coffee in Costa, all the outside tables were full, so a chap asked if he could join me. He started discussing the wares on sale at the Italiam market, speaking with a strong foreign accent. 'phew, did you smell that salami?' he asked, and went on to make some disparaging comments about the other stuff. 'I don't like that Italian rubbish' he declared. 'Where are you from originally?' I asked politely 'Just outside Rome' he replied. WHAAT?

13 comments:

  1. Hello En!

    Do you think it's your coffee stop that does it? You always seem to encounter the most amazing people there?! Glad you didnt get way laid by the salami though!

    Fab card, I love its fun and funky theme!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enfys love those shapped cards and im sure the little ones that will receive them will to. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Darling card Enfys.
    I'm sure the recepient will love it!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Hugs,
    Riti

    email: ritibanka@gmail.com
    Blog: alilpieceofheaven17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, made me titter about the Italian man who didn't like Italian stuff, I bet the aromas were yummy.
    I love all things Italian
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol was he pulling your leg Enfys lol.Love your rocker card, haven't tried one of these myself so must:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Enfys, what an original translation of the card that inspired you; love this helicopter you made. Funny story about the Italian guy, he must be off his rocker, I just love all these Italian goodies. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  8. The off his rocker Italian guy story goes well with your rocker card. Very cute card.
    You do meet the best people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun hippo. I love silly happy cards. Was your Italian talking with his hands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Enfys. Just love that cheeky looking hippo.
    Your coffee story really made me smile too - there sure are some odd people out there!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great rocker card Enfys - that hippo just makes me want to laugh...never mind it rocking! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cards, Enfys! I've not made the Rocker cards yet and they look so cute!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x