Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Colouring Chestnut Hair - and a winner

Firstly, I picked a name out of the hat for the cardmaking book, and the name that jumped out was
Lace Top Designs
Congratulations, email me with your address and I will get it posted
I get a lot of emails asking me about colouring hair, so I have done another quick photo tutorial showing how I do it

This little image is Connie from Sugar Nellie. She is a download, so you get her right onto your computer and can start using her straight away. The label die is by Go-Kreate, grandma sentiment oval is by Craftwork Cards and the roses are by Wild Orchid Crafts



I found this ribbon lurking in my ribbon drawer, it was perfect for this card...

Here are the colours I used for her hair:

Chestnut, Cocoa, Cinnamon and Saffron


Start by colouring the darkest parts of her hair in chestnut - at the parting, around the ribbons, in the shadow of her neck........




until you are happy that you have coloured in the parts that would be darkest.........



then using cocoa, go over the parts you have just coloured, extending the colour outwards a little onto the white.........................





Do the same with the cinnamon pen, going over the area already coloured, and extending it out into the white again.................







Go over the whole of her hair with the saffron pen to blend in all the colours, touch up the roots and ends of the hair if necessary with a dark colour again......










and here she is finished.

For her skin, I used coral around the hairline - it looks really dark when it goes on, but don't panic. Blend over that with sunkissed pink, making her cheeks pink and leaving the centre of her face white, then go over the whole lot with blush


Clothes:

Soft peach, peach and apricot

sandstone, tan and caramel



I hope some of you found this helpful. I was going to do a video, but when I got my brand new flip out of the box for the first time (it was a Christmas present), it didn't work. What is it with me and inanimate objects this week? First the window on the car, then at the weekend, the handle on the car door collapsed, now a brand new video has gone on strike. I think I'll stick to paper, glue and scissors, can't go wrong with those.
Look out for a brand new promarker giveaway on here, starting in a few days time










30 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing how you colored the hair. Very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Enfys thanks I need help like this and your tutorial is perfect to follow I just need to get me some more promarkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya sweetie
    your card is gorgeous hunni
    this image is super and perfect
    love your coloring sweetie
    congrats to the winner
    enfys thanks sweetie for a chance
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! A great tutorial as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful card Enfys,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial. I can't believe how realistic these markers can be... Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Enfys!! What a wonderful job coloring. Thanks for the tutorial, now I have to get some ProMarkers, lol. TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for teaching me how you do hair. It was very helpful. I don't have ProMarkers but I can probably figure it out with my markers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and coloring, thanks for sharing how you shaded her hair, you are so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab colouring Enfys, those Adorables from Sugar Nellie are so pretty
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, you made the hair colouring look so darn easy!! Will have to give it a go as I do have those colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tut! I love these images...you've done them proud! I don't have the letraset promarkers, hopefully some day I will, but I've got some prisma colored pencils I can use. Thanks again for sharing your talent w the rest of us!

    Carol aka cyimbugbitten
    bugbitten at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks again for the hair-coloring tutorial Enfys. You have taught us so much! I am so glad to have found your blog. Your card is gorgeous!
    -Barb-

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one great piece of art! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The coloring of this little girl is so beautiful. I printed your instructions out so I can follow them. I always have trouble with the hair..Thank you so much for the time you take to share your coloring techniques. It is so appreciated. God bless you Enfy's. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You make it look so easy! I'm still using stamp pads and the inks that coordinate, trying to educate myself with watercolors. I've been so afraid to try the coloring pens ... your work is so beautiful however, it convinces me more each day to try these!

    Many blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi hun
    brill tutorial i can never do hair, gorgeous card, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Enfys a brilliant tutorial and wow a stunning card. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tutorial, Enfys. Just wondering, have you started making cards for your Kki to give to you ;- ) LOL I really loved that ribbon too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card. I love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful job no this card. The coloring is fabulous. Thanks for the little tutorial, one day I'm going to get some of those Promarkers and I'm going to know how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Enfys your coloring is amazing - absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's really pretty! Thanks for the tips on coloring. congrats to your winner. Def. stick to paper and scissors, even if they get nuts on you all you've lost is paper!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card and those Sugar Nellies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous card!!! fab tutorial...the colors I picked were spring....need to add more to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card and a great tutorial, thanks for sharing.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was really helpful and you did a great job coloring her. Thank you for telling us how.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such beautiful cards!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't get motivated tonight so I thought I'd check out your tutorials. I've no idea if you read comments posted on these old posts but just in case Thanks. I see I need to buy some more promarkers but I hope one day I too will be able to achieve such lovely results. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brilliant it looks so easy when you do it but I don't think it would be. How do you decide about which colours you will use to do the blending?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x