Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 20 January 2011

Sweet Baby Girl card

I had a lovely handmade Christmas card from Colleen, who is a faithful visitor to my blog, and she had put all sorts of lovely little crafty goodies in the envelope, including some stamped images, which always makes my eyes light up.
One of them was this sweetly old fashioned looking little bear, and I thought it would make a slightly different card to welcome a new baby girl.
All the papers are by DCWV Linen Closet ( I love this stack), hearts border punch by Martha Stewart, I don't know who made the rubber stamp of course, and the sentiment is also an anonymous one I've had for years

ProMarkers used
Fur - sandstone, caramel and tan, soft peach to cheeks and ears
soles - dusky pink and pastel pink
clothes - powder blue and pastel blue, white pinafore shadowed with ice grey 1 on the folds
sunflower - buttercup, leaf green and tan
image shadowed in pastel blue
highlights done with white Signo rollerball pen
I inked the white circle with Distress ink - antique linen
Sentiment stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink
You may remember that some time ago I did a poll to see how you all felt about advertisments on blogs? You didn't seem to mind, so I have finally got around to it in case you were wondering where they came from. I have no idea how it works I will look at it all again in three months. In the meantime, I was amused to see that Google obviously send out some sort of trawl thing to look at the content of the blog so that the advertisments are relevant. Well the trawler thingy picked up on the blog party, and the first advertisments were all inviting you to WIN...something or another. The only exception to this, was an ad for a party firm which promises to provide all your theme party needs, what a pity, if I'd known earlier I could have decked us all out in diva outfits. I suppose as time goes on and the trawly thing and me make friends, that crafting stuff will appear
Talking of the you-know-what, you still have time to enter all the competitions, so get cracking so that you don't miss the boat
See you tomorrow

37 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card, it is so sweet, love the triple punch along the left side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!!! TFS
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enfys, this is a beautiful card, as usual. I love the colors you used on the bear. Thanks for such a fun "party". Hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Enfys this is stunning, that heart punched edge is gorgeous and that image is beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card ! love the borders !
    great job,
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wwhat a sweet card! That was kind of someone to send you stamped images :)

    BTW, ads don't bother me at all as long as they don't get in the way. The placement of yours is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Enfys,
    What a stunning baby card and that image is just adorable. Like the use of the MS triple layer.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card this is.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sweet little card - love those ProMarkers - you use them so well! TFS!

    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card and stamp. Great colors. This bear is one of my old time favorites. It is "Bear with a Sunflower" by Hero Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card. Love that punch, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! I love it all. Especially the hearts border! I hadn't seen that one. I have a friend who's expecting in the spring, but her baby is a boy. So I'd have to change the words and use my own stamp. But every thing else would work! I'll have time to see about the hearts punch! Thanks Enfys, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like your card. Funny about the ads....the one showing up for me is Government trusted and secure bonds. What in the world???

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is so right for a new sweet baby girl. Beautiful colors and I love the heart punched edge. I must look for this punch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card Enfys, I love the letters you popped over to the side, they really are sweet, and as always your coloring is gorgeous! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Enfys,

    This is a lovely card! So sweet for a little sweet one! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us!

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautiful, sweet innocent card.
    Cherylann (prinkles)
    prinkles@woh.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet adorable baby card!! Beautiful!!
    Carrie
    carriedan1 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty....I love that cute little bear stamp. really sweet card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those border punches are fantastic aren't they. A beasutiful card altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice card.
    I have seen the ads and some of them are very appropriate to your blog. Today there is one for wedding papers and Cricut. But I see now that I went back and there are different ones there. Also one for Buffalo area coupons, so they must be different for different people.
    I think they are just fine. If I'm interested I'll look, if not I just pass them over.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Enfys, wow that bear is really charming!! And so is your card, just LOV it!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet card En and the coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Love the bear and all the colors.
    Good Luck to everyone.
    E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute card, I love the little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet! And beautifully colored!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Precious Card...your excellent work as usual!!!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  28. Enfys, I LOVE this card! I love the triple punched edge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the soft colors of this card. I really like the way the punched border adds so much texture! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. darling bear......and a very sweet card!! thanks for sharing your talent and helpful tips with us.....

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a beautiful baby card. Love the colours used and the 'linen closet' stack is a favourite stack of mine just a shame I have nearly used it all, I may have to hunt down another.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card and what a nice gift to get stamped images.
    The ads are funny at times, but it dose amaze me how good they get at matching them up.
    I have my fingers crossed for a prize and let me tell you that make typing and making cards hard.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful Baby Card! The little Bear is so cute!! Love the colours and layers of Heart Border die cuts!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love you card and thanks for sharing your colors. I will have to try that. Looking forward to results from the party too.

    One quick question: What ink do you use when stamping images to color with pro markers. I am been using stazon and it seems to bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is just adorable.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x