Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 21 January 2011

New Home card for Polkadoodles

Friday is new challenge day over on Polkadoodles this week we were asked to make a New Home card - pop over there and see all the lovely samples from the design team
I used these owls from the Sugar Birdies CD, and made them into an easel card. The stamp is by Hero Arts, and I gave the birdies a bit of bling...

Whilst tidying the house today, I found two forlorn Christmas decorations that I had totally overlooked, and five cards sitting festively on a shelf I had passed dozens of times and not noticed.
I am quite glad that here in the UK, we only really decorate the house for Christmas, although when I am in the US, I love seeing all the decorations coming out for the different holidays. If I decorated like this, the house would be a total mish-mash of seasons - you would be bumping your head on Valentines hearts in August, falling over pumpkins in February, and rescuing the Easter bunny from the garden in June.
At risk of repeating myself endlessly, you have until noon GMT (7am EST) on Saturday to get your names down for the various prizes
I need help - voting will start on the cards that were entered on day one of the party today. PLEASE vote for your favourites. I am not sure how many votes you can make, but all the people who took the time and effort to show us their creations would really appreciate a vote from you - scroll down to the post to leave your vote

30 comments:

  1. Hiya Enfys
    this is gorgeous, those owls are so sweet
    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hun this is such fun lov e those owls and how sweet in Pink!!!!
    Hope you are well
    Hugs Jacquixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owls are so beautiful. I love the papers and the colours and the design very much.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this owl card! So cute and so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such sweet card Enfys! Love the soft pink colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and very pink:) You sound like my friend, she keeps her christmas tree up so long that she then says, no point packing it away now,...in August!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love those owls! This is such a fun, adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those owls Enfys and I found a few Christmas decorations I forgot to put away just yesterday, ha ha. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so cute. This would be so fun to get in the mail.
    Cherylann (prinkles)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo doesn't love cute owls, just adorable, thank you for sharing. And yes it can be a bit daunting here in the US changing decorations for all seasons, but they look so cute and make everything new and fresh
    jman4@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this darling card and wish I could remember how to make this design. the owls are soo cute, and I am LOL about "bumping your head on Valentines hearts in August, falling over pumpkins in February, and rescuing the Easter bunny from the garden in June". It's usually true that we find things months later... whatever the season, something is forgotten.
    Makes life interesting, they say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a sweet card...I never would have thought of using owls for a new home card but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card! I really love the cute owls.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Enfys I love your owls, what fun colouring to, and the paper choice is just fabulous with that image. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't worry. I asked if they would vote on my craft forum and on Facebook for whichever card they liked best and they have been voting since, so at least there will be a winner - or a tie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little owls all in pink. Their eyes sure capture your attention!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the cutest card..Love all the owls crunched together. Great job and love the paper you used, it really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a pretty card x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness I love this. The colors really hit me and I am not a pink person but I really love this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woohoo, love this card LOL!! I'm serious, I've got a thing for owls and these pink ones are so cute!! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enfys, Welcome to my world. We are constantly tripping over holiday decorations for which that particular holiday has been over for two months. LOL! Kids love to hang on to holidays more than we do!

    Your card is adorable. I really love the bling. It is the perfect touch. I want to get some of those CD's. They look like so much fun! Thank you for an amazing week! I hope you recover soon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love pink! Great card - again! Love your work, thanks for sharing your creativity!
    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those owls are SOOOOOOO cute!!! <3 Love them. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so livin' this card, the Owls and the colors are awesome! OXOX ~Olga

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enfys, what a sweet card to come here and see after being awol for awhile! Sorry I've was missing, hadn't felt too well with the flu!

    Glad to be back to see your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is so cute! I don't really care for owls that much but these ones made me smile!!
    Carrie
    carriedan1 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card. The owl is too cute and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That card is so pretty, I vote for you

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey En! Very cute card! Don't you just love owls! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x