Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Sunday 30 January 2011

CHA Day 1

Hi everyone - waving at you all from Hollywood! Here we are the Scrappy Go Lucky team with some blonde who has attached herself to the team. I don't think her talents are necessarily craft related though, so I don't think we'll keep her for long.......... from left to right, Diane (Capadia), Jane (Scossie Jane), some dumb blonde, think her name is Marilyn, Mandy (owner of Scrappy-go-Lucky), and moi

This was one of my classes yesterday, the Hero Arts Stamp Boot camp. They revisited a lot of techniques like resist embossing, but managed to put a new twist to it. I will blog the cards we made later.....
and here I am with Shari Carroll - this is for Kath, one of my best crafty buddies, Shari is one of her idols.... she was totally charming and fun to talk to


and just to make Kath seriously jealous and putting a very good friendship to the test, look who else I met......... yes, Lord Timothy himself


and flying the flag for the UK, here they are, the Craftwork Cards team, their booth looked great as it always does, and they had to bring all that stuff over in suitcases!



In the evening we went to the Provocraft gala, celebrating the 5th birthday of the Cricut expression. They had a team of hip hop dancers, and to everyone's surprise/amazement/shock, Jim Thornton the CEO of Provocraft joined in and did quite a nifty little hip hop number, even spinning round on the floor at one time. He was quite a good little mover actually, and that guy ceratinly doesn't fit the usual pinstriped image of a CEO





and here's Jinger, the spokesperson for Provocraft who does all their TV stuff, getting in on the act as well





and finally, three rather tired and happy peeps, clutching their goody bags from the gala....


I promise that tomorrow I will post some inspirations for you, there are wonderful samples and ideas here, and I am snapping away like crazy, just haven't time to edit and post everything yet.








30 comments:

  1. Wow Enfys, I'm soooo jealous, meeting all these well known scrap artists and all those goodies around!! Well have a wondeful time sweetie, and of course we want to know all about it!! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at all jealous Envys lol
    Looks like a great start to your trip:)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're having a good time En and I'm not quite so green now as I was lucky enough to do a class with both Shari Carroll and Sir Tim at the NEC Trade Show a little while back and they're both really lovely (a great memory to keep).
    Fliss x
    PS: My poor daughter managed to get back from NY yesterday after 24 hours traveling and many delays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see all the pics Envys.....I sure wish I was there. How much excess bagage do you think Mandy and Jane will have? Enjoy........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time!!! So glad you're there enjoying yourself!!!

    P.S. I can't believe that's Jim Thornton with the sweaty underarms! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh en it looks like you are all having so mcuh fun! thank you for sharing piccies hun and did you stroke lord timmie for kath too hun?!! lol!!!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are having a good time. Enjoy and waiting to see all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks as if you were all having a great time, thanks for sharing the piccies.
    I'm sure the Kath you are talking about must be Buddy's Mum. She'll never talk to you again with you having met Sir Tim! LOL! There'll be much stamping of feet in the cubby hole!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi En...absolutely curled up green with envy...hope you gave shari..sue. julie and richard a big hug from me and of course not forgetting His Nibs...the one and only TH...look forward to seeing more pics....big hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pics! Thank you! Love the Hollywood shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you made it after all the troubles winging your way over. Sounds like a hopping busy time. It's hard to realize that the Cricut "E" is five years old now! WOW!

    Scrapspirit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enfys, you crack me up;) I Can't wait to see some of the goodies you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. Looks like you are having a BLAST!!! Can't wait to see what is in the bag!!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much for sharing ~what fun you have had ~even meeting lord tim!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, looks like lots of fun Enfys.Enjoy the trip.Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing, looks like you are having a blast! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks so wonderful - great to see Sue, Julie and Richard having fun!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow En, looks like you are having a fabulous time, you lucky thing. Can't wait to see all your samples and look forward to hearing all the fun and games you have.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like y'all are having a wonderful time. I sooooo wish I could make CHA one day. Who knows, maybe I'll be at the summer CHA!
    Can't wait to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome pics, Enfys, thanks! Please Please Please show us what was in the goodie bags!!! We are dying to see!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like really hard work NOT!! Looks like lots of fun, I am so jealous Enfys...Lord Tim...Imagine;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Enfys it looks like your having the time of you life, after such a long journey and detours on your flight over. I'm not jealous (much) lol. Look forward to seeing your pics of what you have been up to.
    Hugs
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you made it there OK and am wishing I could be there to help you carry all those heavy product giveaways and such... plus I could have taken a piccie of you and the timster together ;0

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so happy you guys are having a wonderful time - I so wish I could be there to meet you and hang with you guys! Enjoy yourself! I can't wait to read what you post next!

    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like the original good time had by all. Hope you enjoy every minute of it! I've left a little something on my blog for you. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  26. enjoying your update. Can't wait to hear what was in the goodie bag and about your latest adventures

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like you're having a smashing time! Can't wait to see all your creations, not to mention all the goodies and pics of all the newest must haves! Jealous, oh no, not at all<<<<<<<<
    R?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, you all look so happy and I can't even remember what that's like. Wish I had something to look forward to.
    I've never had a goody bag in my life. What's it like? What's inside please? Must be wonderful to be important.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my - some of the new reports are fabulous! Have a marvelous time!
    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  30. How FUN for you ladies! TFS!

    Carol aka cyimbugbitten

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x