Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 15 March 2010

Deer for BBTB2

Over on BBTB2 this week, we were given these lovely little deer stamps from Technique Tuesday to use, together with the flourish 3 cut from the Stretch Your Imagination cricut cartridge (page 77 of the manual).
I decided to use the negative of the flourish, and backed it with coordinating paper.

the paper flowers have a blob of cream liquid pearls in the middle. If you like a challenge, why not have a go this week? Technique Tuesday is sponsoring the challenge, and if you don't have SYI, you can use any cricut flourish on your card

Cream scalloped card base - Craftwork Cards
Deer stamp set - Technique Tuesday
Beaded button - Crafty bitz
All papers - Dill Blossom by SEI

I hope everyone here in the UK had a lovely Mothering Sunday yesterday. I didn't get to see any of my brood, but had lots of lovely cards, phone calls and flowers. Max was with his Daddy when he called me (from a supermarket), and was very busy with his new passion - waving at himself on the security cameras. 'Come and say hello to Ma' said my son 'lello Ma, I wavin at me'
Which made me think.................have you ever gone out shopping, thinking you look rather smart, nice gear on, hair looking good, then you look up at a security monitor and see this bedraggled creature standing there. It isn't until you scratch your nose or something that you realise the sorry looking sight is YOU. A friend of mine once did a dash to the local mall with her daughter, as they walked along, she saw a woman walking towards her, 'look at her' she whispered to her daughter ' you'd think she would have made a bit of an effort before coming out'.................it wasn't until she practically bumped myopically into the mirror that she realised that the woman was her. 'When did I get so old?' she asked mournfully. Incidentally, she isn't old at all, but a fabulous looking woman in her prime. she just caught herself on a bad mirror day...................... we all have them, unless you are 2 year old Max of course.

33 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. I really love the colors you used. The deer is precious. TFS!
    Cheers Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh en, max sounds so cute bless him!!!
    your card is so cute, mo saw the deer and loved it!!!
    hugs lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorjus cards Enfys. All are fab.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Enfy, i am so pleased to hear that you had a really nice mothering sunday with lots of calls and gifts. I am just loving your card hunny what a really lovely deer image and lovely flourishes. You have been creative as always! hope you have a good day, big hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Enfys, you just started my morning out with a big smile and a chuckle. Loved reading your comment about Max and the little bit about looking into the security camera to find yourself a mess! lol

    Very cute card and sentiment! I thought it would be cute to make a Disney card using Bambi with the same sentiment. I'm always trying to come up with new twists to add to my Disney card collection, so thank you for this!

    MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Enfys, your card is so cute, I like the colours very well.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, En. I love that cute deer.
    Glad you had a nice day yesterday and I know exactly what you mean about security cameras. best not to look me thinks!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Enfys this is gorgeous love the image and the papers are beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful set! I love this card, too - so cheery. I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enfys, I do not know if you did this on purpose but I like how the flourish and the deer dp blend together on the deer's head. I think is awesome and like the pink too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday..Happy Mums day :)
    I love your work ,En it's always beautiful and unique...I would have never thought of using a paper with pattern on it for the deer..learn something new everyday
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great looking deer, Enfys! Love it's creamy coat! I despise those darn security cameras... no matter how good one looks on that particular day, they always seem to make you appear ragged! Much like the mirrors in a fun house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a pretty pretty card Enfys...love the deer its so cute
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enfys-Love how you used that negative as a background for your deer. Wonderful idea!!! Pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL ..... I've had a few of those moments.

    Nice card. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card, En! Love how you used the negative flourish. And happy belated Mothering Sunday. You always make me chuckle. Those cameras can be a real horror can't they? YIKES! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  18. ROFL... Oh Enfys you always make me smile and always inspire me with your beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  19. En, what a darling deer card. I love the soft soft colors that the card displays and the design is wonderful. As always. Hugs. I loved your story too.
    carole

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card! Love the stories you shared! So funny! Grandchildren are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Enfys~ thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope it gives you news you can use. I really like your videos & cards. You make such lovely creations.
    I especially love the deer.
    I will be stopping by often to check out your inspirational work.
    Take care.
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, this is the CUTEST, I LOVE IT!!! TFS!
    hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Enfys. Cute stamp too. Yesss, I have that cartridge so if I can clear a space I am giving this one a go. Love the story about your friend in the mirror.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that little dear Enfys.
    So cute, but not as cute as your little Max :-).
    Very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really cute card Enfys! Guess what I found on Saturday? The Feb issue of PaperCraft inspirations Mag! I rarely ever go to Michaels, as I find them expensive. But I had a 20% off coupon, so I went. I'm so glad I did! I got a couple of other things too, but that Mag was my fave find, since you have cards in this issue. I had seen a couple of them already, but I love having them within arms reach when ever I want to have a peek again!
    Max must be adorable! As are all the grandkids, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  26. lol at max.. but hey when youre that super cute you can get by with that stuff ..
    speaking of cute.. isnt that deer just precious! i love your card enfys..the papers are lovely and soft i like how you made the flourish and deer using the same pattern. :) xx shelly

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a sweet card and love the soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the deer. Made me think of Bambi. Using the negative of the flourish is so nice on this card. I love your story (which I can identify with). Some days I wonder why I left the house at all. Happy Mothering sunday to you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Enfys!!! I love the deer, so sweet!!!

    *hugs*

    Lisa

    PS: Sunday was the English Mother's day? I missed a bit because of the stomach flu running rampant through my household. Whatever day it was, I hope it was the best for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so sweet, Enfys! I love how you cut the deer out of patterned paper and i love the use of the flourish. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x