Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 9 October 2014

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree...

Here's one made with one of last years stamps that remained un-inked - I think it is Penny Black (or maybe Hero Arts) - sorry, it was lurking out of the packaging pleading to be used....


 I used a woodgrain background stamp by Recollections stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink to add a bit of interest to the background. The sentiment stamp was a single stamp, but I snipped the bit saying 'and a' off to separate the words


I used Promarkers buttercup, tulip yellow, lime zest and pear green for the pears, lipstick red, red and warm grey 4 for the bow, and tan, terracotta and spice for the pot. The pears got a coat of glossy accents, and the bow some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen



and I made the partridge red - I am sure they aren't this colour, I have a feeling they are rather insignificant brown birds, but hey, I dressed him up for Christmas. 

I know I promised I wouldn't drive everyone crazy with Christmas cards, but time is a ticking and I need to get a move on if I am going to get them all done in time. One thing I am determined though is not to buy any more Christmas stamps, I have a great basket overflowing with them, and I did buy a few Woodware ones from this years collection. No more. Someone stop me!

Right, I'm off to dig out my sensible shoes for all the running around I will be doing in the charity shop this afternoon, see you tomorrow x  

13 comments:

  1. Great card Enfys. Why shouldn't the Partridge be dressed for Christmas...
    Hope you have fun today at the charity shop.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I love when this time of year comes along and the Christmas cards start to show up on everyones blogs. They are so fun, hope you'll do a video of one.
    Hope all is going well at the charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card/ I love your colouring and design. Helena xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and love the fact that you are sharing Christmas Cards! I think it's a good reminder to all of us to get on the stick! Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red partridge! I'vs been working on my Christmas cards for the last few weeks. We have to be ready to go, since the Holidays are always so busy. I love seeing what you're up to, whenever you share it! Thank you. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty is your card Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, right before reading about why you colored him red, I said "Partridges aren't red, they are insignificant little brown birds. But hey it's art, so you get to color it what ever you want." Lol great minds think alike? Lol probably not! Cute card. And hey, if you need Christmas cards, you make them. ;-))
    Big hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, something a little different. Every year I say I am not going to buy any more Christmas tree stamps but I always do, I just love them. Hope you had fun at the charity shop. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never never get tired of Christmas Cards!! luv the glossy accents on the pears! any new stories happening at the Charity Shop??? luv your journey thru life....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card ! I'm excited to see Christmas cards. I still need to get mine done and the inspiration is always helpful !
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I tell you what, if you don't let me buy anymore Xmas stamp's I won't let you. How's that for a deal ROFL Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. I tell you what, if you don't let me buy anymore Xmas stamp's I won't let you. How's that for a deal ROFL Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x