Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 30 October 2014

A circle of holly....

One of my new Christmas stamps this year is this one from Woodware - they have some great designs this year. I stamped it direct onto the card base, and also onto a scrap of white cardstock in black versafine onto white and heat embossed with clear embossing powder

I wanted to cut it out, which meant I would lose the lovely little happy Christmas sentiment running on the outside of the circle, which is why I stamped twice....


 - I coloured the holly with Promarkers, but was at a loss how to do the ring, so I squeezed a drop of liquid pearls onto a craft sheet and used a water brush to paint it on, then added drops of the same liquid pearls to the stamped dots. I also gave the holly a coat of wink of stella clear glitter pen...  


I love this very fine gold thread that I found in a sewing shop, it adds a bit of sparkle without adding any bulk to the card...


I cut a long piece, then fold it into four, making a much thicker length, you would think it would be difficult, but it's really easy to tie a bow using this four thread thickness...


and here is the finished card. Simple, but really effective, I wish the photo could show the subtle sheen on the leaves and the delicate thread bow....



and another lovely mail day with this lovely thank you card from Karen, so pretty, sparkly and delicate. Thank you so much Karen, I love it...


No charity shop for me today, we are travelling up to Yorkshire for a couple of days to catch up with old friends, so looking forward to seeing them...

But I'll be popping here tomorrow with another 'quick' card (cue hollow laughter from me.....) See you then x

13 comments:

  1. Lovely stamp Enfys and a beautiful card - the shimmer of the pearls is very pretty.
    Have a lovely trip.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Enfys, I can just imagine the sheen on it. Gorgeous card that you received from Karen. Have a great weekend in Yorkshire. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great Christmas card Enfys.
    I love the liquid pearls, it really makes the image stand out. Have a great time in Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card my friend. And Karen's card as well. I use my embroidery thread often in my crafts. Mostly in bows on cards. I'm glad I kept it when I gave away the rest of my cross stitch goodies. Thanks for sharing, hope your time with old friends is joyous. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Christmas card and Karen's as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done it again, Enfys - beautiful card and I love the thank you card also. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Wink of Stella - don't know how I did without it!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful is your card Enfys and what a lovely card from Karen too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card - I have been looking at the new Woodware stuff but have been talking myself out of it - I still have new stamps from last Christmas that haven't got inky yet - oooops. I really am going to have to get one of these Wink of Stella pens - I keep hearing people rave about them.

    Glad the card arrived alright and you liked it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love all the gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card...... and great idea of using thread from the sewing section....fantastic touch!!!
    and great card from Karen....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Enfys. I love its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card, simple yet elegant. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x