Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Using up the Freebies - with a twist....

Photo: Like making sparkling festive cards? Then you'll love this month's free cover gift! Our December issue comes with two fab gifts - a decoupage shaker cards kit PLUS three gorgeous glitters! What more could a Christmas crafter ask for? Find out more on our blog: http://papercraftinspirations.themakingspot.com/blog/free-d-coupage-kit-and-glitters-with-issue-119-of-papercraft-inspirations
This Month's Papercraft Inspiration magazine has a great free gift, six snowglobe frames, acetate, and cute little decoupage penguins. Plus three pots of really nice fine glitter 


I hang my head and say that I very rarely use the free gifts given away by magazines - although I use a embossing tray that Papercraft Inspirations gave away almost every day, and I have been known to buy a magazine just for the free stamps if they are designs that appeal

But I really liked these snowglobes, but wanted to use them to make more 'grown up' cards. So I cut out the frames, covered them with a clear sparkly embossing powder and heat embossed. This first one has some stamped trees - I've had the stamp for ever, it's still on sale in Jo-Ann's in the USA.
I added quite a lot of Frantage shabby white embossing powder over the image and heated again.....



I didn't use the acetate for this next one, just some snowflake embossed vellum (Papermania 2012), and some punched snowflakes....



This last one is so much prettier in real life! The trees are by Clarity stamps, I stamped them with Memento dark blue ink and dotted some liquid pearls. The ribbon is white seam binding that I inked with a ProMarker, and I added some sequins to the glitter inside the globe...the little tag is handwritten, and may be changed, I was smiling as I attached it as I can imagine a number of our friends opening it and saying 'Joy? Who the heck is Joy?' 



So a very nice little gift this month, the magazine is out now in the UK, on the first of November in the USA (larger Jo-Ann stores, Barnes and Noble and Books a Million stock it) - AND I have some cards in the magazine, I may give you a sneeky peek later in the week. Not only that, there are some really lovely cards in there by my bestie Kath Stewart - she is using the Fiskars Fuse. If you want free papers and downloads, go to the Papercraft Inspirations blog, lots of freebies over there 

13 comments:

  1. Enfys,
    Thanks for the pens and goodies I got them today. I buy the Papercraft magazines at Joann's every month I can. They are 1-2 months behind. I do use the freebies and love some of them. I love all these snow globe cards. Great job. I have my first snow card on the craft table and hope to post it soon. I am not going to do anymore "Halloween"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards Enfys!!
    I love snowglobes, I have quite a collection.
    The penguin up at top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of those freebies Enfys.

    I go from one extreme to the other...either freebies get used almost before I've had a chance to read the mag or they just get added to the 'freebie mountain'.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab globes Enfys - I love the last one. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards!! Nice work Enfys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried a snowglobe, but I may have to, now that I see how pretty they are. Thank you. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards..and I also buy the magazine for some of the freebies too

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I was going to say, I was at Joann's today and didn't see these goodies, but guess it isn't out yet in the US.
    Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all but my fab is the stunning blue one you did. Bounces right out at you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had put this freebie in the playschools bag but I think I need to rescue it now. Love what you have done with it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on using up the freebies - I am pretty good at using the papers on the charity cards that I make but have a big box of all sorts of other bits and bobs, I really ought to have a good sort out and see if any inspiration strikes!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x