Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Anchors away..............

I bought Wild Card 2, the Cricut cartridge without really researching it, I was hoping for some lovely card shapes like the doily cut on Wild Card that I have used so many times. Mistake. There are some lovely card ideas on there, but few that can be used in an imaginative way. Still, I had it, so I decided this card would be perfect for a friend who is a keen sailor and has a special birthday soon.......The card was cut at 5 1/2"



I noticed that a lot of the cards on the cartridge, although they look very cute, would never be able to stand alone - for me, an absolute must for any card. When this happens, I cut a rectangle of card, score and fold in half, and attach it to the back of the card to make a little stand...........


I ran the rope through the cuttlebug, using a herringbone pattern folder, to give a textured rope like finish. The metal dots are stick on, from a packet I got in Jo-Anns


16 comments:

  1. I like the colours you've used - a great naval theme. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card.
    Hopefully you'll find something on there that you will use to make it worth getting it.
    Ah its a challenge... lets see how many of the cards we can make different from the designed ones.
    dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
    (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess now I don't feel so bad at not getting that cartridge. I too have used the first one a lot. I love your card, the herringbone really does make it look like a rope. Great idea dmcardmaker, challenge yourself to use a cartridge as creatively as you can. As soon as I get some new mats, I'm doing that! TFS En, Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love how you did the rope! It's such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and the way you did the robe is brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful l can see lots of work has gone into it and the result of it is stunning beautful colours too, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enfys I love this card. Love the colors and embossing. All your special touches. Great tip for helping a card stand up alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card, En! Love the cuts you used and how you embossed the rope. I'm glad I didn't get that cart - I like the first one and I guess that would be enough for me. Hope you can find more use for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas on this card - TFS!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE Card! I love your tip for the "stand". TFS...

    How have you been? Miss catching up with you when you are states side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and great tip to make it stand up. The first Wild Card Cartridge is still probably my favorite (cards, envelopes, icons/shapes, frames, phrases, and a font!) but the 2nd one didn't impress me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card and very clever of you to make it able to stand on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very nice card !!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card, however I totally get what you mean about this cart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your honest comment regarding this cart, Enfys. I also have bought several carts I think I would love just to take it home and leave it on the shelf, but I admire your tenacity!

    Hugs,

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x