Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 1 March 2012

Workshop Goodies

When I was at Stitches last week, I signed up for a couple of workshops. One of them was this frame by Kaisercraft - lovely frame and papers, but frankly the demonstrator was a bit rubbish. We were left pretty much to our own devices while she rabbited on about her son's tattoo (on his neck if anyone is interested? No, we weren't either...). Anyway,we packed up the stuff and carried it home to finish, by which time I had totally lost interest in it. It does look okay though, although I am not a fan of these sayings ordering you to follow your dreams, reach for the sky etc etc. I do have a friend who is very into needlecrafts, so this might find it's way into her birthday parcel - if I can figure out how to rectify the fact that I decorated the front upside down, so the little hanging thingy is on the bottom. I don't think it was my day, perhaps I should reach for the sky a bit more.......




I liked this card better, the papers are HOTP, and very lovely....again, I finished it off at home



I seem to have a dozen projects on the go at the moment, a bit of a jack of all trades. I have deadlines to meet which may help, another large coffee would probably help me focus as well. I am such a butterfly, so easily distracted. What happens is that I reach for some embossing powder, and remember some tutorial on you tube from way back where she did this really neat thing with embossing powder......so the half finished project is abandoned (not put neatly to one side, abandoned, buried under an avalanche of papers and embossing powder), then when I have messed around with heat guns for an hour or so, I remember what I ought to be doing and look for the abandoned card, nowhere to be seen of course. While I am looking for it, I find a bit of plastic called a bowdabara, which has never worked terribly well for me - I need to practice, so I grab some ribbon and another hour is wasted....and so it goes on.
If I can get my act together, I'll be back tomorrow with something new from Letraset..... 






21 comments:

  1. oh Enfys, I can so relate to your blog today. Thanks for giving me a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your story today...reminds me of someone else LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes that workshop was a bit of a disaster but love how you finished it off...apart from it being upside down...a girl after my own heart...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning Enfys, well you've done a bonny job of your frame despite the lack of instruction :)
    I have to say I get kinda distracted like you too...... ooo look a bird....
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this, you really made me smile and I need a bit of cheering up. I'm so with you on the upside down thing! Actually I really like what you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Enfys I do love reading your blog. It really made me smile today and it's always good to know that I'm not the only one...... Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to giggle just a bit as I was reading your post.
    I think you could have been talking about quite a few of us.
    Does one good to know they are not alone ;)
    The cards look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made me laugh lots!! What a rubbish demo it must have been! You saved the frame though, looks good - even upside down! Your card is fabulous too. I am easily distracted too - now what was I doing??!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell your friend you made it to hang it above her bed. That way when she looks at it while lounging it will appear right side up. Love the gorgeous card with all the pretty layers too. I must be a butterfly too, because I do the same thing. Have a great finish to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your 'butterfly' ways sound very familiar...I often sit down to do one thing and end up doing something else instead. Then I'm off to do something else. Sometimes forgetting to finish the card by putting it in a envie and addressing it! Then I'm....where was I going with this? lol Don't you hate paying for a class that isn't really a class at all! Maybe better next time. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just crack me up. I feel the same way about those project that seem fun to make but what the heck am I going to do with this. Yes I have done upside down.
    And your ADD episode is exactly what I do all the time. I am amazed we get done as much as we do.. I like the butterfly analogy. Sounds better than ADD.
    Thanks for the giggle today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that there are other grown women with the attention span of a gnat. I, too, am easily distracted, but I like to think that I am just super sensitive to all the "creative pulls" that come my way. Now where did I put that half-finished card I was working on when I glanced at your blog and decided to comment...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enfys l can relate to this today .......amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really have a problem with "teachers" that don't show you what they are supposed to. I went to a class for cards one time and the teacher just had samples out and the pieces and stamps etc and you just had to do them on your own. That isn't a class and I could do that on my own. Totally frustrating.
    I must say, you did a beautiful job on your project and the card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning creations enfys ~ beautifully made!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like both of the cards and especially the heart one. I seem to have butterflies all over my house. I can flitter away 6 hours or so and never accomplish a thing, but I sure had fun flittering.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hard to say you love the "Sympathy" card! It's very pretty, Enfys!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the story of my life. I get going on some project and then the hubby is hungrey, or the grandkids need something for school, or work needs me to stay over tomorrow and so on and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo, don't you just hate demonstrations like that - I tend to switch-off too.

    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who flits from project to proget LOL...there are way too many UFOs (unfinished projects) in this house.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!!! Your projects turned out fab.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL never would have noticed that the frame wa upside down!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x