Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Sunday 4 March 2012

Polka Challenge and Aberdovey

I can't believe that I forgot to post my Polkadoodles challenge card for this week - the challenge was spots or stripes, and as you can see, I chose the stripey option. The paper and dog are from the Candy Doodles CD, which has just been reissued in a new and improved format with lots of new images on it - this was one of the first Polkadoodles CD's, and has always been one of my favourites. The dog kennel was cut using the Mickey and Friends Cricut cartridge, and the sentiment is a Studio G stamp. The challenge is open for a week, so you have plenty of time to come up with something spotty or stripey - you don't have to use a Polkadoodles image either, and the winner gets a prize every week


the twig branches and leaves are a Memory Box die, I  rubbed a ball tool over the little circles to make them pop up








Well I promised to check in - here we are on a real nostalgic trip to beautiful Aberdovey, Wales. Just look at the view we will have from our bedroom window every morning, I think I will stay for a month.......



and from the terrace.......



The place we are staying in is an apartment in a building which was the stable block for an old historic house, it has been beautifully altered into luxury apartments, with such attention to detail. Our apartment terrace looks down onto the roof of another apartment on a lower level, well it wouldn't do for guests to look at a boring flat roof would it, so they have inserted these really neat little heather gardens into the roof, what a great idea... 


More good news for those of you in the USA who have been searching for stockists of the card Candi that I use all the time. Now on sale again on Blitzy for only $2.49 I think it is, for a pack of 400. They have loads of colours as well. They also have Tim Holtz tools on sale that I am a bit tempted by - .HERE is the site. Like Pinterest, Blitzy is a bit addicting, a bit of a shame that they don't mail to the UK though. It means that by the time I get back to the USA, I won't be able to get in the door for parcels!


See you tomorrow with more photos, if it isn't raining, and another Letraset stamp.....

17 comments:

  1. I love that paper...your card is so cute. TFS. I love your view also. I could stand to go on a vacation.......Enjoy it for me too...lol.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that card and ur trip photos are georgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and your view. Enjoy the rest of the stay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card, Enfys!
    Looks like the kind of place I'd like to stay, what a beautiful view. Have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card. That background paper stripe looks like little sausage links to me! Perfect for a dog! Very pretty views from the window. How's the weather been? It rained all day yesterday here. Ah well it will be too hot too soon.
    Enjoy.
    Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. The views are stunning hope you enjoyed it, your card is beautiful love the papers too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable...as always. I just wanted to say 'enjoy your vacation'! You've got a beautiful view...TFS!

    Carol
    aka cyimbugbitten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card and once again you have got me looking amy cricut cartridges for more than their intended use. Enjoy your holiday and I am jealous. My master gardener group went to Louisville , Kentucky last spring and toured a hotel and an office building with a planted roof. Also one of the botonic gardens we visited had grasses planted on the roof. Then there was a planed wall in a buiding built as a green building. Pockets on the wall contined flowering plants, ferens and even strawberries. The roof collected rain water for watering. They only tapped into the power grid at night to freeze balls of water that fans powered by solar power blew over in the daylight to cool the building. The building was very cool on a day that the temps were in the ninetys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh a few days at a resort with a million dollar view. I think I could go for that about now. Hope you are having a relaxing time. Your card is so dog gone cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my that looks like a beautiful place. I don't think I would want to leave ever.
    Love your card. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Enfys...always a treat to catch up..and what a Gorgeous place to stay!!!TFS...enjoy the rest of your week:) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos Enfys, cute card. Sounds like you will need a few empty suitcases when you come back to the US, ha ha. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card Enfys.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmmm I'm pretty jealous - that apartment looks gorgeous, bliss!
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card, love this little dog, so adorable and that view is beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now how cute is this!!! Just another adorable card from my Enfys!!! LOL!

    More beautiful pictures too!

    Hope to get back soon, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwwww how adorable...love your card!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x