Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 10 March 2012

New Challenge for March

Thanks to all of you who took part in last months lace and butterfly challenge. The winners are in the post below, scroll down......

On to this month, our generous sponsors, Letraset, are offering two of you the chance to win one of the brand new stamp sets. You can see cards I made with them HERE and HERE, and go HERE to get all the details of the packs. The winners will be able to choose which set they want. You get a large exclusive stamp, and three promarkers in each set 


On to this months challenge - here is my sample card for you. Any ideas what the challenge is?



Does this help?



Or this?


I wanted to do something different this month, so the challenge is to

use something on your card that wasn't intended for cardmaking
 I found the mesh thing in a pound store, the string and green hemp are garden string, and the cardboard is a torn up box. Buttons and Lace don't count, think outside the box and search your dollar/pound/office supply stores. It doesn't have to be the main focus of the card. The card must be made for this challenge, no back linking please, and you can enter as many cards as you like, and enter it in as many challenges as you like,  as long as each one has a 'found' object in the design. If you don't have a blog, you can still enter, the easiest way is to put a link to a Picassa or similar photo album, or if all else fails, email me with a photo of your creation

Two prizes - one for the card that I think is the most creative use of your chosen non-cardmaking item(s), and one will be randomly drawn. So get cracking, tear up old newspapers, make flowers out of tissue paper.......and have fun!

The challenge will be open until Easter Monday, the 9th April. Good luck everyone, I wonder how many entries there will be for this one....oooh, I just spotted some bubble wrap, now I am sure I can make something out of that....see you tomorrow

Card details:
Base card - Craftwork Cards shaped edge in cream
Walnut stain, peeled paint, wild honey and old paper Ranger distress inks
Flowers sprayed with Gold perfect pearls mist - QVC UK
Music background stamp Hero Arts
Flower stamp - Penny Black
Oval die Nellie Sellen

Pat Bately by Email - stamping on kitchen foil, shoelace trim


By Cheryl Winget using cardboard packing materials



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

18 comments:

  1. ohhhh I lovee your card and this challenge is going to be sooo much fun!!!! I have sooo many ideas going thru my head...
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Enfys. That flower is so pretty.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the challenge! Can I enter more than once? A walk around the house has given me so many ideas!

    Love your stuff, Enfys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge Enfys! Love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enfys, I have been itching to play along with your challenges and finally got it done! My family thinks I'm quite odd when I pick these things out of the trash to use on my cards. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. joy...I didn't read the word card....back to the drawing board!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got it!!! lol...also took photos of what I used...had sooo much fun!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Challenge! Can't wait to give it a go! Your card is really pretty with the found objects. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made another one...this time using more goodies...had sooo much fun!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. hiyah en!
    thought I had entered this one a couple of weeks ago so I don't know what happened! I must be loosing my marbles!!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Enfys, well I'm finally going to take my very first stab at a challenge and what better place than my favorite Buggy Girl. I will work on this tonight and post in the next few days. Thanks for all the fun you are CAUSING in my life.
    Big hugs
    Claire
    http://www.craftycooky.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card!! I just had to enter a card for your challenge....but it took a while & wasn't easy!!

    Thanks!!
    Patty
    HapScrappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Enfys, I finally posted my card for your challenge. Sorry for being tardy. I hope you like it. This is my first challenge and I think I like it! Hope you had a great day.
    xx
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thought I'd missed it! So glad I had a chance to play. Thanks for such a fun challenge idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really challenging challenge! Such a sense of achievement when I finally thought of something. (I've been thinking about this from day one!)
    Love your flowers & wouldn't have guessed the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the challenge, but found it hard to find something pretty thanks angxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x