Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 26 March 2012

NEC Swag.....

Well I promised I would show you my haul from the NEC, but look what was waiting for me when I got home, the latest collection called Sweet Pea from Craftwork Cards, and although I say this every month, I REALLY think that this one is my favourite ever....look at the gorgeous whitewashed papers



with matching card candi and sentiments......

 and these embossed squares can be sanded for even more texture. Can't wait to get started!
There was a stand at the NEC selling stuff made out of MDF (medium density fiberboard, so a lot more substantial than chipboard) the prices were amazingly low, so a lot of stuff found it's way home with me. Can you see the wall signs in the background? The square box is a money box, and of course there were some great mini albums just waiting to be altered - some of it may well be used with the Sweet Pea paper collection

 Now where to put it? I may need to clear the decks a little.........
 I always stock up with red tacky tape at these craft shows - I get enough to last me a year. I find the really narrow one, not in this photo, is brilliant for sticking narrow ribbons onto projects
 I found these little pots with a really ultra fine nozzle, I filled one with PVA glue, and another with Glossy Accents, they are perfect for dispensing just a tiny drop of glue just where you want it
 You can't really see these very well, but they are masks - I have signed up for Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry online class, and although I don't do grungey stuff, I really like messing around with inks, so this will be a project for a 'playday'
While we are in the USA, it is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee weekend, well, I can't let that one go, so I am planning a Jubilee party in Florida, and found this  Union Jack embossing folder and some stamps, which will be perfect for quick party invitations 
and last, but definitely not least, I bought some more Memory Box dies - can you see the shutter? That will be a perfect fit for my window die. I got another branch and some fuschia flowers....more playtime stuff!












I have been super busy this weekend, and super productive as well, magazine commission tick, text for magazine tick, sample cards tick, challenge card for Polkadoodles tick................notice that I can't share a single one of these with you today, but I'll be back with some stuff tomorrow


The weather has been glorious here this weekend, a rather nice warm, but not hot, sunny day, and being the UK, a lot of the population went crazy and dug out their skimpiest summer clothes - there was a lot of pasty white flesh on show. It happens every year, I think we have such unpredictable weather that when we have a half decent day, the whole country goes a bit wild and soaks it all up in case we don't see the sun again for another year! (I do think that baggy shorts, trainers with socks and sleeveless vests are not the most attractive gear for a chap however old he is, someone should tell them....) 

23 comments:

  1. Loads of lovely new things to play with Enfys. Will be keeping an eye out to see what you do with it all. Glad that your weather there is nice.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh en what a gorgeous lot of goodies hun!!!!! and super ooooh on the mdf bits, I love those.
    Huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of new goodies to play with, I went yesterday and spent rather too much....lol
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time and love your new stash and the Craftwork cards stuff looks beautiful. I knkw what yiu mean about the sun, unfortunatley it means everyone's tattoos are also on show, yuk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweet pea collection is absolutely gorgeous - what beautiful colours! I'm def gonna have to have get some. You'll be playing for weeks with all the goodies you bought, those little pots for glue are just perfect for the job. Enjoy your fun time with them & show us the results please! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flip me Enfys did you bring a big shopping trolley with you lol. Get stash and thing the invitations would be great with the union jack embossing folder, great idea. In our house its shorts, t shirt and flip flops lol, no socks allowed lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely new stash Enfy, I do love those new papers from CC and your altering bits n bobs. Have fun.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow That stuff from CW is lucious! Lots of goodies to play with.I've been meaning to tell you to check out Artistic Outpost. com. They released two lucious UK themed stamp sets you might love. They are on my wish list too. I only have one of their sets,but I love it and want more. Ok advert over. Thanks for sharing. Go enjoy the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow nice stuff Enfys. My husband let's me buy all the Scrapbooking stuff I can hide! You are one busy Gal. Can't wait to see what you will be doing with your new stash.

    Big Hugs
    Claire

    http://craftycooky.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fun time was had and oooh so many gorgeous goodies. Have fun playing.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul, Enfys! I'd be especially interested in learning more about the MDF cut outs and albums, especially if they are reasonably priced! You can do so much more with MDF than cardboard!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun loot. I''m anxious to see the Memory Box dies used in your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you will be having lots of fun.

    Wasn't so warm here this weekend - Friday & Saturday were lovely unless you were in the shade but yesterday was COLD (didn't get above 9C & and spent most of the day hovering around 5C - brrrrrr).

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. yup, we're making the most of the sun up here in Aberdeen Enfys, this may well be our summer !
    I fancy some of that mdf blanks, they look fab
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi hun
    oh wow lots of new goodies to play with look forward to seeing them mdf makes & your Timmie lessons, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of goodies for you! Although we have the big box stores for crafts, they just don't have so many of the wonderful things you see at the shows. I do wish we had more in our area. We do get the Creating Keepsakes Convention each year, but I'd like another one in there some times.
    Can't wait to see what lovely things you make with these goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a fabulous cache! Those MDF items are really appealing but not half as appealing as the new Craftwork Cards collection - now that looks seriously yummy and would look fantastic on some of the MDF items hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Enfys, I'm mega jelous of all your new stash I couldn't go this time but I'm saving already for November...

    cant wait to see what you make with it all.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your new stash is cool, I am definitely a green eyed monster at the moment. I hope we see what you do with it. I agree the Craftwork Cards kit is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love to look at your new stuff, have fun playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sitting here Ooohhhh-ing and ahhhh-ing over your new toys, Enfys! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a fabulous cache! Those MDF items are really appealing but not half as appealing as the new Craftwork Cards collection - now that looks seriously yummy and would look fantastic on some of the MDF items hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x