Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 20 January 2012

Flexmarkers and Polkadoodles....

Friday is Polkadoodles challenge day, in case you are thinking you haven't seen a challenge card on here for a few weeks, the team has been split into two teams, so we only do a challenge card for the blog every other week, but there is always inspiration over there on a Friday. This weeks challenge was a sketch (which I forgot to take a screenshot of). It is also our Stashbox Stamp week, when the DT can use a stamp by any maker, I chose these cute little busy mice by Lili of the Valley, coloured with Promarkers, and the sentiment is by Hero Arts. Papers are from various Polkadoodles CD's - be sure to drop by here on Monday, when there will be a Polkadoodles CD up for grabs for one of you 






I do have a couple more aquamarker cards to show you over the next couple of days, this next one was really quick to make, and the stamp was perfect for a splashy watercolour effect. The sentiment is by Stampin Up  





After I have finished the Aquamarker cards, it will be back to alcohol inks, because look what arrived today - three sets of Flexmarkers, look at the gorgeous new colours. I am very happy that there are a lot of very soft blue/greys and neutral tones here, and I can't wait to use them. I already have 24 of the markers, so need to sort and store them over the weekend. 
What are flexmarkers? The same fabulous alcohol ink as the Promarkers, but with a brush nib, I did a quick video on using them a while back. Most of them are also new colours, and there are some lovely, very subtle pale tones in there, so you can get a beautiful pale shaded effect, something that is quite difficult to do with alcohol inks, because the colours are so vibrant.


I am still working on my reverse bucket list, how on earth do you cut these things down to ten? I can think of a million things I don't want to do before I kick the bucket.


Have a great start to the weekend, I'll be back tomorrow, I am busy making some samples for Craftwork Cards to take to CHA in Los Angeles next weekend, so I need to finish, pack and post....... 

11 comments:

  1. Good morning Enfys, love the card and I can't wait to see what you will be crafting with those new Flexmarkers. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I have a thing about those mice, I think they're the cutest things going. Very interested to see what you do with the Flexmarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are beautiful Enfys. The new lighter shades should be easier for beginners like me, sometimes the deep shades are intimidating. Have fun at CHA you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Looks like you will be have all kinds of fun trying out those new markers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Enfys! I have to check out those markers. Always something new! That is what make it fun.
    I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip this year to CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the watercoloured card Enfys so pretty as is the other, the new Flexmarker colors look lovely so loving those pens
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mice are so darn cute. I love your coloring. Have fun with your new markers. Needless to say, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous cards....and excited to see the new markers..but more thrill about your trip with Diane and Mandy...like I posted on Diane's blog....big hug to all of my Fav bloggers...take lots of pics of the great stuff we don't get here in he USA and of course of the three of you having a great time too...a safe trip to all three of you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little mice and the sentiment is great with them ;- ) The watercolor card is another winner, too. Can I hide in your pocket at CHA, ha ha. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow these cards are so beautiful huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors in this card! So soft and sweet. The watercolor effect was very nice on the second card. Not splodgy or soggy at all!

    Looking forward to seeing what you have in store with the Flexmarkers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x