Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 9 November 2009

Storybook Bird for BBTB and a shadow box for Max

This week on Bitten by the Bug, the team were asked to use this bird from the Storybook cartridge. I cut him small, at 1 1/2" and perched him on a sissix diecut branch. The scallop layer was also from storybook, embossed with a cuttlebug snowflake folder. The paper is from a stack by Mambi

You remember me telling you about my friend Joan, who I met through this blog, coming with her husband to spend the day with us here in Florida? We talked a lot about our grandchildren, and a few days later she sent me these Fire Service uniform badges for our fireman-mad little 2 year old, Max. I wanted to display them in some way, so I bought a 8 x 8 shadow box frame, and mounted the badges. The firestation was cut at 6" using the My Community cartridge. I used Cricut markers first, then cut it out in white, red and blue, then cut various bits out and pieced them together. I covered the windows and fire truck in glossy accents, and the door is popped open with a foam pad. The number plate on the truck reads 'Max 1'. I found the yellow wellies lurking in a drawer, I think they are Jolees stickers. The lettering is red felt American Craft thickers





When Joan left, I gave her the halloween wreath I had made, to give to her little granddaughter Erin, here is a photo of a very pretty little girl looking delighted with her gift. Thank you for the lovely card you made for me Erin xx


I will be drawing the winners of the blog candy later today folks, so check back to see who will be getting the goodies





21 comments:

  1. the card is gorgeous en and i love that fireman max picture, aren't those wellies cute!!! the fire station looks great xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh En what a bautiful bird card I love the simplicity of the white leaves inked up and the background paper is stunning!
    Max is going to be totally thrilled with the shadowbox picture you made it's absolutely fantastic!
    And your gorgeous Wreath what a lucky little girl, she looks chuffed to beans!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards as usual, i adore the fireman max it's so cute and your christmasy card is so elegant Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enfys love how your bird came out, his little red belly and the paper, yummm. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards and wonderful wreath Enfys - brilliant - she looks thrilled! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fabulous creations Enfys love them all:)
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your challenge card is beautiful, En. Gorgeous job. But, your firehouse for Max is just fabulous. What an amazing job you did. He is going to wild about it. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin loves her wreath big smile!!!!Lovely box you made smile again..hhiihi.The card is great to.
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh these are beautiful hun great projects and detail as usuall she looks so pleased with her gift love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card Enfys ... I haven't even done a thing with the bird on on the Storybook cart ... look at what I've missed!!! Love the pic of Erin too ... she is such a cutie and she looks so very happy to have here new Halloween wreath too! =)
    Hugz,
    ♥Carol♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgous card En, and that shadow box for Max is adorable! How sweet of you to give your darling Halloween wreath away. Lucky girl. Sounds like you guys had great fun. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi enfys. awesome awesome awesome stuff girl....love that firestation...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, so much detail! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and what fab badges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable little girl! I'll bet the wreath is one she'll cherish for years to come. And I'm sure Max will love the shadowbox too! I had no idea he was 'fireman mad'lol. Do you think he'll grow up to be one? What hero's they are. If I should come across some patches here, I'll send them to you for your little Max.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love them both enfys!!
    hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pic of Erin and the Wreath is soooo cute. Love all of your cards always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. FABULOUS cards as usual!! I just adore the fire station!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for you lovely comments about Erin. She was very thrilled about her wreath. When I sent the patches to En I should have guessed she would do something spectacular with the. Joan a/k/a Erin's Grandmom

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card Enfys, I just love that little bird. Maz is going to be so pleased with his framed firestation and badges, great job. Just read your review on the gypsy and has probably confirmed all my thoughts. I too had Design Studio but don't use it (so glad I got it free with the expression machine). Thanks for keeping us informed.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww look at her face how happy!! Lovin your shadow bax and another awesome card!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x