Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Saturday 15 June 2019

Still punching........

Sharing some of my recent makes for Fiskars today - I still love the ease of using punches, it is so much less of a faff than getting out a die cutting machine. This first one was made with circle and heart punches, the LOVE sentiment is a punch as well



This next one used the cloud punch to make a canopy for a stamped tree......



and here we have squeeze punched butterflies - this was a bit of an experiment, the black panels were punched with the butterflies, and attached to the card with foam tape, then the coloured butterflies were slotted into the spaces. I added the trails with white pen


Considering the fact that it's June, we should have all sorts of bees and butterflies busy in the garden, but I think they are probably huddled up somewhere dry, trying to keep out of the rain. It has rained enough this week for me to consider taking up woodwork as a hobby, and start building an ark! To add insult to injury, it's cold as well. I thought I may be tempting fate when, on a rare warmish day, I put away the winter woolies and got out all the summer gear..... 

5 comments:

  1. I think your idea of using punches versus using a die cut machine is a great idea! I am having difficulty with lifting the Cricut to bring to the table while using a cane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to visit England and Scotland last week - staying for two weeks. I knew it would be cooler in Scotland, so brought a heavy coat. I did not realize I'd have to wear it in London and Brighton... you were supposed to order up sunshine for me. Other than that, I'm enjoying the UK immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I still use punches sometimes too. I am smiling at the thought of you building an ark! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh ... I love these cards, especially the "cloudy" tree made with various patterned green papers (so creative). A few punches, a little bling, a white gel pen and, waa-laa, you some fabulous cards! Sadly, although I do have a rather extensive stash of a wide range of crafting supplies and tools, one thing I lack is a nice selection of punches. My craft space is limited and I've always felt that they would be too bulky and take up too much precious crafting real estate. But I can sure see where having some basic shaped punches would be a whole lot easier than pulling out a cutting machine and trying to find the die and/or cartridge to get a simple shape cut. Enfys, you are making be rethink my crafting strategies.

    Until you get that Ark built, try to stay dry and warm. Hugz to you my friend. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x