Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Getting Organized....

So I had a session organizing my embossing folders - firstly I punched a load of tags....



and punched a hole in the top - the tag maker makes short work of this...


then I pulled out my embossing folders and embossed each tag - I left them in the folder until I was finished....


then I labelled each tag on the back with a number and the size of the folder. I didn't name them as it's pretty self explanatory what each one is just by looking at it! Then I put a sticky dot on each embossing folder with a corresponding number, so in future I will keep the folders in their number order....


and just flip through the tags which are now on a ring, to see which one I want to work with, and pull out the folder...



This exercise made me feel like superwoman! I was a bit bemused that this house move has somehow altered me, and that in future I will be able to lay my hands instantly on everything, not only in my den, but throughout the house. Did I get a visit from some housework fairy in the dead of night to pass on some super powers to me? Will life ever be the same again?..........the superwoman euphoria lasted for at least a day.......

Then my camera battery needed charging. It took me three days to find the charger - it eventually came to light in a box of light bulbs.  We bought the camera in the USA, so I have to use an adapter plug could I find it? I turned the whole house upside down looking for one, we must have a dozen of the things. Eventually I found it - in a box of random first aid stuff. 

So I haven't become all logical and organized after all - it's quite a relief really, I quite like the feeling of pleasure I get when I discover something in an unlikely place. 

See you tomorrow x 

21 comments:

  1. Great idea... Been a long week ... Dad got home from the hospital today. I am so happy I don't have to go up there I hope for awhile..
    Trying to organize the house also................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organisation is good if it helps make the most of your crafting time.
    Had to chuckle at where you located the charger & adaptor.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! Hope I'll have the time to do so...LOL God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats one good hefty punch Enfys and such a fab idea !! If you find the housework fairy, send her round to my house.....

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well look at you go, you little organizing/cleaning devil you (whoops, I mean *Superwoman*). Now, would do me a favor please ... catch that little Housework Fairy and send her to my house. She is desperately needed here! Love this organizing tip .... and congrats on finding your camera plug and charger. It's amazing that you found them in such unlikely places!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great punch to have and such a great idea. Glad your camera charger came to light

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! I've often thought about doing something similar but haven't done so, so now it's on my list to do! Thanks for the extra nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put all my embossing folders in a binder but I like your idea so much better. It would be so much easier to cart when I go to do crafting with friends. Guess I know what I will be doing today. So glad you are able to find missing items where you least expect. Me? I would have given up and bought a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Enfys! This method actually makes a lot of sense to me. I think I will try this tomorrow, um next week, um someday.... I always have good intentions. I have totally forgotten what embossing folders I have and some are still in their packaging! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
    I love your funny anecdotes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. best organizing idea! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tag idea! Great way to showcase them without flipping through them...
    As for the organization? Well, one mustn't get to haughty, should we? I think we are unorganized so that we remember we are like most everyone else (all Jennifer M's excluded!)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You crack me up! "I labelled each tag on the back with a number and the size of the folder"...by the second embossing folder you had a new system of putting the folder size first and then a number! That's exactly how long my organization lasts : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea of embossing a tag for each folder. I've done this with my ink pads, now why had I never thought of this ? Thank you !
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to organize those folders. I may just have to do this when I get that room of mine in shape. Smart lady, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your idea for indexing your folders. May borrow this trick although I may need a super size ring to put my tags on....... If you've finished with the housework fairy send her over........Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really great organizing....One of these days I'll do this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I really need to do that with a lot of things Enfys, what a great idea. Hopefully it will eventually work its way through the house lol. I spend most of my life looking for 'things' lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab Idea Enfys, I spend most of my time looking for things only to find them in the 1st place I looked. The craft room is looking amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I still haven't started doing this for my folders but I am in the middle of a big mess right now.
    I am trying to redo my craftroom back like it use to be. Going very slow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. O wow I been racking my brain trying to do something about this I always just use my swiss dots cause I don't want to hunt through mine THANK UUUU

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for this idea - my embossing folders are now all organised! I hope you don't mind, but I've shared your idea on my blog, putting a link back to your blog - and giving you the credit! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x