Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 23 April 2013

New Baby Cards


Here's a couple of new baby card made for a past issue of Papercraft Inspirations magazine. This first one has a large letter B cut from the Plantin Schoolbook cricut cartridge, gingham cardstock is by Kanban, and the sentiment is by Stampin Up. I made the baby out of a nestability oval and a small punched circle. I drew the face with a fine tip pen.......



This second one was made with an embossed frame from Craftwork Cards, that I folded in half and backed with pattern cardtstock to form the base card. The pram was done with a nestability circle with a quarter cut away, more punched circles made the wheels


When I was at the trade show at the NEC, Letraset had commercial display stands to hold the markers. I remarked (in pleading tones) that one of those would be PERFECT for my desk....well, back at the office they found two redundant units that needed a bit of glueing and repairing, and just look what I have now.......


It is big enough to hold all my ProMarkers and Flexmarkers (I have the full sets of both), with some spaces left over, and sits on a turntable so it spins around........it is actually two units stacked one on top of another, but just one unit would hold the whole ProMarker collection......I find it incredibly useful, I can see all the colours at a glance and everything has a place



Now I would love to hear what you think of this storage - would you love something like this to hold your markers? Would you put this on your wish list? Would you prefer a spinning unit or a stackable unit? All your comments will be forwarded to Letraset - they value customer ideas for storage. If you are looking to add to your collection, they have a special offer over on the Letraset site at the moment,  buy three ProMarkers or Flexmarkers, and get the fourth free. Click the link on the sidebar to take you to the site

The decorator finally finishes today after three weeks of work here. You are probably thinking that I will be rushing around tomorrow with my rubber gloves and feather duster, putting the house back together again. No, I think I will be on the sofa, with my feet up and a good book, maybe a celebration chocolate or two, just relishing the peace and quiet.  Bliss!

19 comments:

  1. Adorable baby cards, Enfys! Love the marker storage! What a great idea to have a turning carousel! Happy for you to have the decorator done! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a spinning storage unit like the one you now have looks great! I have my ProMarkers in a drawer...sure wish they were on my desk top within easy reach. I mightlike something a little smaller, though, as I don't have a full set..yet! Do they make this type of storage in different sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is verry usefull.
    Great storage,
    Gr elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the baby card Enfys - it's so pretty. The storage is absolutely great, it must be wonderful to have full sets of both promarkers and flexmarers. I think if I was buying storage I would go for a revolving design. Enjoy your peaceful day of relaxation tomorrow. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute baby cards! And I would almost kill for storage unit like yours. If I had my choice, I think the spinning one would be the best.

    I have promarkers and spectrum noir markers...wonder if the spectrum markers would fit also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby cards look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling cards. So happy you scored the marker storage. I've toyed with getting one, but have other items on my wish list with a higher priority. The turnstyle is my first choice.

    Enjoy the peace of a house without workers.

    Hugs, CyndiU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Enfys l just love your way of thinking l too would be sat on the sofa....lol Gorgeous pen storage units and l would like something like that probably the spinning stacker as it would also save space too! great deal on markers l got a good deal a couple of weeks back where you could pick ten for a really good price, your cards are beautiful you are so creative and the pram cut out of nestability cirles is so effective too so much talent and thank you for your inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I totally need one of those spinning marker holders! I've been searching in vain for something that will hold them efficiently. I currently store mine in drawers, but it would be soooooo nice to have them out in the open and easily accessible! You can't tell how big they are from your picture... it looks like it might take up a lot of desk real estate. Can you tell us the dimensions? I don't think size would deter me, mind you! I have my fingers crossed that you can talk the good folks at Letraset into making these available to the public!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome baby cards. I wish I had a storage marker like yours but even more I would love to have that many markers. I like the idea of a spinning base. Mine are in a box that has dividers to keep them standing up. Enjoy your moments of silence and the chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Baby Cards. My cousin is expecting a boy which I mention and I got one picture made for the room and gave it to her at the baby shower Saturday. Please take a look and leave a comment. I love the Marker storage. I have about 10 maybe. I have some of the expensive ones also. Enjoy the chocolates. I love the buggy and would like to do one in blue. Please check out my picture and leave a comment. I came out much better than I thought it would...http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both your cards are so gorgeous! Your little baby is so cute! I would prefer spinney storage like yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute baby cards!!! the marker storage carousel is perfect for the work desk to be able just see and reach out for a marker...just dreaming and drooling for a complete set...sit back with a cup of tea and enjoy the quietness

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have that many, so all my colouring pens are in a clear box.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards, very cute. I think the spinning storage is an excellent idea, I have mine in hanging Ikea pots but I can never find the one I want! xxJenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! I would just die for promarker spinny storage like that especially as it is big enough to hold ALL the pens. You are so lucky to have it but as the saying goes 'if you don't ask, you don't get'. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Having tried the Spectrum Noir storage and sold it on I am now on an Art Bin solution, but this storage carousel is brilliant, much better idea and purpose made! Spinning could be good, if I have enough room to spin it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is your storage.. I would like to have one too. Is Letraset selling? I also love your baby cards, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the spinning storage Enfys. That's the one I'd go for! Brilliant design and it would be wonderful to have a smaller 'table-top' version of their big shop floor spinning units. Thanks for sharing, fab you have your storage sorted! Hugs, Wends xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x